Garde Uhlanen

ErsatzBoy

Well.. I finally got hooked up to get photo's here, so you should be hearing lots from me now that I can do it!

Wanted to share this one... was a super lucky catch.

Sorry about the quality of the photos.. Tony is much better at it than I am.

Pete

P101.JPG

P102.JPG

P103.JPG

I saw this with my own eyes (through a drunken haze) on the weekend. And yes, it is an M15 grey Garde chicken with a Garde star. And yes the loops fit perfectly into the grommets. I have never seen an original M15 Tschapka cover top before either. Fantastic piece.

What a total stonker that is. Nice one Pete. That cover is superb. If the photo's aren't in Tony's class the helmet certainly is! We look forward to seeing more!
Why a 'super lucky catch'? Is there a story to this one.

The more I look at this the more I covet it. So how much Pete? What if I can sell off my collection of WW2 military underwear and get a mortgage on my Parents? :sad11:

As promised, here's part 2. The Tschapka and Ulanka are both from the same man.

The belt set (very lucky to find).. did not. My good friend Joe Semen managed to send that my way... thank you Joe! :)

Pete

P104.JPG

Hey Pete, It looks like you need at least three buttons, what diameter are they and if you could post a close up of the button design, I may have some that would fit in my button box.
Gus
PS Very nice, I may want to sell my underwear too.

All my congratulations!!! It's a very nice set that drives me to be a bit jealous and nervous :twisted:

Maxime

Buetiful set I would trade my own mother . No really I will have her packed up ready to go .
Mark.G. :eek:
p.s. think about it she's a great cook

Darn Peter obviously, you have been hanging out and drinking tooooooo!!! much red wine (vin rouge) with that Schnurr fellow. I have also shared this experience so I know how dibilitating it can be!! There is no doubt, that you have fallen in with bad company. What you need to do is stop this habit and divest yourself of the reminders associated with it. Case in point, this ulan uniform, it will only lead you further into the "dark side". Save your self, sell it to some kindly white haired forum administrator who is willing to take on this incredible ulan burden!! Halmark cards definately needs my services!! Brian

Tony is totally to blame for bringing me over to "The Dark Side"

Honestly.. I'm very fortunate to have him here close. Have learned allot from him.... and he has saved my ass more than once from making bad purchases! :)

Pete

Back