Garde zu Fuss 1st Regiment 3rd batl OR

J.LeBrasseur

Administrator
Staff member
Picked up this one on the last day of the SOS, it did not come out from under the sellers table until then, and with some help from a great friend was able to get it complete with Trichter and plume.

Silver trim Garde helmets are tough to find and one for this regiment with flat scales even tougher. 1st and 2nd batl had white plume, 3rd batl. has black plume

No markings, but overall a very prized helmet in my collection.

James

DSC01214.jpg

DSC01216.jpg

DSC01217.jpg

DSC01215.jpg

DSC01219.jpg

Pretty cool artefact with nice patina and scarce silver chinscales for M91 side posts!
Best pieces are kept hid most of the time. Lucky guy you, to have found this one, crawling under exhibitors tables while other people only have a look at the upper level!! :cyclopsani: Well done!!
I really like it too!! Congrats!!! :thumb up:

Philippe :salute:

That's one mean looking helmet James!!! Love the black hair parade plumes, they are beastly!!

Not to pick at your helmet but without any stamps and just a matter of switching the M91 silver chinscales with brass ones and leaving the black plume as is couldn't this be a Train helmet also? I don't have any of my books with me in Germany yet so I could be wrong.

Wp,

couldn't this be a Train helmet also?

Only if ALL the fittings except the star were changed to bronze (yellow). The Garde-Train-Abteilung wore a white plume.

Regards
Glenn

Glennj said:
Only if ALL the fittings except the star were changed to bronze (yellow). The Garde-Train-Abteilung wore a white plume.

What I meant to say was Eisenbahn troops or transportation troops, the guys that worked on the train tracks! :D

http://www.kaisersbunker.com/gtp/New/verk0.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

the key is the scales, Garde Eisenbahn troops would have same helmet but with Brass flat scales, so is it possible this helmet was a Eisenbahn and scales changed to make it a Garde zu Fuss, it is possible.......

James

Back