General-adjutant aiguillette

ccj

Hello friends-

I acquired this General’s aiguillette and decided to display on my General’s kleinerrock. I haven’t found a reference stating whether or not it’s proper to wear an aiguillette on this type Tunic. I’m certain a fellow member will know.

Without further ado, here it is…

IMG_3302.jpeg

I had thought I had seen it worn on a Kleiner rock. Should have known it was probably him. I know Ive seen the EK and neck orders worn all too often on the Kleinerrock

Unless you are the boss ;)

Seine Majestät with the later Generaloberst Hans von Seeckt photographed at the Tatarenpass (present day Ukraine) in the Carpathian Mountains in late September 1917.

Regards
Glenn

View attachment 37101
I know the large order is the A-H MMC1 but what’s the other order to the left?

I’m taking the Aiguillettes off and will store it….. Thx all

Unless you are the boss ;)

Seine Majestät with the later Generaloberst Hans von Seeckt photographed at the Tatarenpass (present day Ukraine) in the Carpathian Mountains in late September 1917.

Regards
Glenn

View attachment 37101
Glenn ;
Do you think that he wore it because he was an Adjutant to his Grandfather ??
all of Prussian shoulder straps carried his Grandfather's cypher 2 Garde Dragoons K W I I  McFarland Collection.jpeg
Steve

Do you think that he wore it because he was an Adjutant to his Grandfather ??
Steve,

he was not an adjutant to his grandfather but on 3 December 1888, he took it upon himself to wear the cypher of his late grandfather and indeed the aiguillettes of a General-Adjutant. At the same time he also ordered that his grandfather's cypher would be worn by numerous Prussian Princes and the late Kaiser's General-Adjutants, Generals á la suite and Flügel-Adjutanten.

Regards
Glenn

Back