General Saxony

rurik22

Hi ! As I do not collect the pieces of uniform, may be it is presumptuous to post this pictures under grouping forum. So to make me forgiven, you will be entitled to several versions of saxonian general helmet

To begin to set
vacances%2Bhiver%2B2009%2B258.JPG

General a la suite / vulture feathers / helmet regiment

vacances%2Bhiver%2B2009%2B147.JPG

The same view of inside
vacances%2Bhiver%2B2009%2B149.JPG

General / vulture feathers / helmet enamelled star providentia memor
vacances%2Bhiver%2B20092B150.JPG

Out of the topic for those who will ask me pictures of he Schwere Reiter

vacances%2Bhiver%2B2009%2B142.JPG

And I cant resist some banjo shouldeboards typcaly saxonian
vacances%2Bhiver%2B2009%2B161.JPG

Last but not least ..Helmet of the heir of saxony, non-regulatory, but he could probably afford that kind of fancy without fear of punishment :)

General a la suite / cock feathers / helmet regiment.
vacances%2Bhiver%2B2009%2B131.JPG

vacances%2Bhiver%2B2009%2B133.JPG

vacances%2Bhiver%2B2009%2B123.JPG

vacances%2Bhiver%2B2009%2B127.JPG

vacances%2Bhiver%2B2009%2B125.JPG

This is positively spectacular Eric. Warm congratulations.
What are these officer helmets with General feathers? Were these ever worn for real?..
Bruno

Those are spectacular helmets!
How can you see the Garde Reiter is a general's helmet? Sorry if this might be a stupid question, but I see an officers helmet... Nevertheless a beautifull piece of course...

Adler 1

Hi Karel

Schwere Reiter isnt an helmet for general. Or if it is there is no external sign which allows to differentiate from standard helmet .

As it is displayed between 2 general; see photo showcase I loaded this image; assuming in advance that someone will ask me extra photo. By looking at the 2 helmets for general the only noticeable difference with other officer helmets seems to be the size of the saxonian sun plate - but that proves nothing - the helmets of officiers of Grenadier Regiment 100 often carried this emblem bigger than normal - I alos have an officer tchapka with this sign bigger than usual.

Only way of identifying is by checking inside if the is some special signs of the former owner and to validate after looking in ranglist ...

Will we have the chance to meet each other on March 27th?

Back