Generals come out to play

Very nice James, I have not seen them all together like that before! Not many collectors can pictures like that.

Tony without Kaiser said:
Some General's shoulder boards would look brilliant displayed with those.

Thanks guys for all the nice comments!

Tony- I agree, however, I really do not know much at all about shoulder boards :-?

James

Great pieces (beyond my pay grade) - quick question or two, recently I came across a set of uniforms for a Lieutenant General, the boards were Hessian and had the monogram for JR115. What Wappen would this individual wear on his helmet ? Also would it be possible to identify him?Gen brd.jpg

Hello aicusv ;
I collect shoulder straps .You are correct , the " L " cypher would be for the early Hessian LGIR 115 .However , in my opinion
they would not be worn on a General's uniform . A general who would be al suite to I R 1115 would wear the uniform the same as
any officer within the regiment , the difference would be shown by rank of the shoulder strap or epaulette .The strap shown in the photo is for the rank of Lt. Colonel ; not a general .
Steve McFarland

Thank you, I stay away from officers ( the higher the rank the farther away, hold over from my time in the service) items. The uniforms does have general tabs on the collar. So I can assume that someone has played with this uniform. I do get confused about German generals. During the days of Alt Fritz, generals usually wore the uniform of the regiment they came out of, wasn't sure how long that practice continued.

James,
You have some truly outstanding items in your collection. Thank you for posting some pictures of it. They more than likely just the tip of the Iceberg.
Best regards,
John

Back