Generals helmets

edwin

http://cgi.ebay.fr/casque-a-pointe-officier-general-dARTILLERIE-/230716029000?pt=FR_JG_Collections_Militaria_Uniformes&hash=item35b7bf3848" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://cgi.ebay.fr/casque-a-pointe-officier-general-dInfanterie-de-Baviere-/230716030405?pt=FR_JG_Collections_Militaria_Uniformes&hash=item35b7bf3dc5" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Well, the first one is simply an Officer's Guard Artillery helmet- not for a General at all. The second one could be OK, but who would bid with those limited pics?

one picture each!?!?! :lol: c'mon! if you are expecting for someone to drop thousands of dollars on one of these helmets put in a little more time and money and upload more pictures. dang!

Any of you have experience with the Bavarian general? Many nice Bavarian cavallery helmet have been upgraded with a wrong medallion to make it to a General right? Is it possible to see out of photos?

What about the 3000€. Is that right for a 100% original?

Doc

Doc_Holliday said:
Any of you have experience with the Bavarian general? Many nice Bavarian cavallery helmet have been upgraded with a wrong medallion to make it to a General right?

To my knowledge Bavarian General helmets can either have silver or gold fittings. The colored enameled crest was introduced in 1913 and had a special designed fixing arrangement to the rest of the wappen. So that would be hard to upgrade and pretty obvious attaching the enameled piece to a officers wappen. Unless you had a complete generals wappen maybe you could stick it on a Bavarian cavalry helmet.

Doc_Holliday said:
Any of you have experience with the Bavarian general? Many nice Bavarian cavallery helmet have been upgraded with a wrong medallion to make it to a General right? Is it possible to see out of photos?

What about the 3000€. Is that right for a 100% original?

Doc

The gilt versions are for General Staff in the War Ministry, Medical Officers and Artillery Officers. Infantry General officers helmet in contrast were fitted with silver mountings and fittings.

To my mind €3,000 is too light for originals; I would have expected closer to €4,500-€5,000

Back