George number two

joerookery

100_1889.jpg

100_1890.jpg

100_1898.jpg

This 1st Bavarian officer's Tsapka was a walk-in at the Chantilly Virginia gun show. The only thing that could improve it would have been for it to be the 2nd. All the debris on the lower shelf is 2nd Bavarian Uhlan related from Ansbach. I tended bar in their old NCO Kantin for ninty days in '72.
The top shelf is all 7th Uhlan much of it coming from the estate of Uhlan Christian Kaner. I have Luger P08's unit marked to both these Regiments.

Once again, my thanks to Joe for posting the photos for me.

George- great finds, both of them!!! When I go to gun shows I find guns, no luck on helmets! Great score.

Still waiting for you to send that Bavarian with Plume up to me, I know you really do not want it :D

Good to hear from you again

James

Great tschapka! It would look great in my small collection, especially since all my helmets are Prussian, and without a tschapka.

I used to work in Chantilly and never found anything in the Chantilly Expo Hall, although at that time it was a Builders Square store (like Home Depot). I should have waited.

Dan

Geo

These are great finds. This next spring I am going to try and get back there.

Russ

Those 2 beat up old boxes are kinda nice to. :D :D :D :D

Russ, only a Luger guy would appreciate to two "beat up old boxes". There's always a place for you to rest here in the Valley.

Excellent George!! Congrats on a great find. The treasure hunt goes on, few of us are as fortunate to score a beauty like your tschapka! Brian

Back