GERMAN BAVARIAN OFFICERS PICKELHAUBE

Rendsburg

GERMAN BAVARIAN OFFICERS SPIKED HELMET-PICKELHAUBE Item number: 6591018652

Hi Guys,
the cruciform base is right on this helmet, or one arm was cutted?

Helmet looks good except for one thing that keeps bugging me is the gold stars on the base, they should be silver! I contacted the seller and they are for sure gold?

Also, some of the same bidders keep bidding over and over again raising the price?

Other then the stars, this helmet looks good!

In my opionion

James

It is perfectly normal that the front "leg" of the spike base be shorter with no star.
Bruno

Mark- I am not saying you are wrong, just curious what referance you are looking at that shows this? I could not find anything that showed it in mine?

Thanks

James

Hey James,

Well.... two sources actually.... but I'm not 100% sure of either now (I hate second guessing)....

In Das Deutche Heer.... it appears that the stars on the Bavarian Admin are gold (though now under a magnifier I can't be certain).... and another collecting friend also mentioned it ... I'm not sure what reference he had.. but I do know that he has a book that only covers Bavarian helmets... Unfortunatly.. he is away for at least 30 days and I have no way of getting in touch with him.

I spoke with another friend today... and he questions the gold stars as well.... he thinks that they were German Silver.. and that he silver was just polished off....

Soooooooo :?

I don't know what is correct.....

Cheers
Mark

Mark-

thanks for getting back to me!

I have the Bavarian book, it is called:

Die Helme der Koniglich Bayerischen Armee 1806-1918 by Walter Seibold and Gerd M. Schulz

great book, hardt to find but I highly recommend it!

Anyway, I see no referance to gold stars in that book either.

I think the best assumption is the silver wash wore off to the gold stars, but we may never know.

Thanks

James

Hey James,

Ok.. this leads me to another question.....

What would a helmet for the Bavarian Admin have worn ?

Cheers
Mark

Mravery,

Speaking as a Line officer, the Admin guy would have a little duck over his head and would be standing way in the back. Probably with a beer since he's from Bavaria

:eek:

Paul

Mark-

Another good question, and one I do not ahve the answer to? Sorry?

Maybe someone else has an Idea?

James

Back