German Bund map

joerookery

I have been looking for a copy of an original of this map for a while -- I need it for my tome. It is a colormap of the Bund 1815 -- 1866. While many people will only have a passing interest in this, it does show the states in color before the Prussian annexations of 1866. So for instance if you want to see where the Kingdom of Hanover was this map will show you. It shows some interesting boundaries for the 1864 conflict. This is a pretty large-scale map so the detail is a little blurred. This is a map of the Klein Deutschland and Gross Deutschland solutions which led to the 1866 war. Therefore, a little bit of Prussia in the East is not included.

I'm willing to send a scan to any members who want one. Saves you from looking. The file size is about 2.7 MB. Drop me a line.

bundmap.jpg

Joe,

I would definitely like a copy of the map. When you look at the strategic situation in 1866, it is astounding that Prussia could so rapidly defeat Hanover, Bavaria, Saxony and Austria. Other than military prowess, Austria and her allies had as many advantages as disadvantages.

Mike

Back