German ceremonial sword identification and selling price help

SharkFX

Hi,

I have this sword and need to identify it, as well as get an indication how much I can sell it for please?

My initial research, on these forums, suggested it could be a "Preußen Cavalry M52/79 Officer’s Sabre." ?

Where can I sell this beautiful piece for what it is worth?

Thanks for any assistance!

Attachments

• 20210102_120914.jpg
    20210102_120914.jpg
    835.5 KB · Views: 348
  • 20210102_120931.jpg
    20210102_120931.jpg
    680.6 KB · Views: 348
I am no expert on models of swords. However, it would help if you gave a description of the engraving ie. type it out here, then we could give more definitive information. It looks to me as if the second word is “Train” followed by a Number? Train Battalions brought up supplies to the fighting troops. As such, they dealt with horses so wore cavalry style equipment.

Down the road after you have more info you could advertise it here on the forum. We do have a For Sale section.

That is an M52, not an issued piece but more a memento, for a member of the Rheinische Train Bat no 9 (? or 8 can't quite make it out). I don't think it's an officer's piece. It does have a maker's mark (I can't tell what it is) but without a scabbard I think the best you could get on ebay would be about $200-250.

b.loree said:
I am no expert on models of swords. However, it would help if you gave a description of the engraving ie. type it out here, then we could give more definitive information. It looks to me as if the second word is “Train” followed by a Number? Train Battalions brought up supplies to the fighting troops. As such, they dealt with horses so wore cavalry style equipment.

Thanks for info

Back