German field telephone model 1916

Westfront

My latest find is this German field telephone model 1916 ( Feldfernsprecher 16 Type B ) its a nice looking typical German workmanship unfortanuly is the leather carrying strap missing , there are some markings i can´t figure out what they mean like Lb/E , La and TV maybe someone know.

DSC09089.jpg

DSC09091.jpg

DSC09097.jpg

DSC09092.jpg

DSC09103.jpg

DSC09098.jpg

Very nice, congratulations. I have seen them in feldpostes but never the real thing. Very cool

Yes...well, errr.., now that you remind me that is correct but I had had a few glasses of that vin rouge of yours... New Brunswick Merlot I think you called it or was that the Shiraz de Fredsville?? Anyway, as you say I "trippped" over it so all I can claim is my lack of memory is due to excesive alcohol consumption.

Hey Tony,
It is obvious that Brian had not seen the real thing, or he would not have tripped over it!
Best
Gus

Westfront,

That is a nice example. The Lb/E and La refer to the two wire connectors on the side of the box that you did not show. They are marked on the lid so you can tell what side they are on from above and which connector is for which wire. Lb/E means Leitung b/ Erde, and La means Leitung a.

Chip

Hello Chip

Thanks for your reply how could i mis that :sleepy2: the letters are indeed on the wire connectors thanks again.

DSC09211.jpg

Back