German Jackboots

Westfront

Hello dear Collectors

My latest find are these Germans jackboots (Marschstiefel) they are stamped B.A.I. 1918 the boots are almost in a mint condition so my guess is that they have never seen the frontline.

DSC09118.jpg

DSC09115.jpg

DSC09117.jpg

DSC09121.jpg

DSC09112.jpg

DSC09123.jpg

DSC09110.jpg

DSC09127.jpg

Very nice, is that a regimental on the heel iron, or a size marking, is the other marked?
Best
Gus

They look very nice indeed, congratulations... But reg markings in 1918? I don't know...

Adler

It does not look like the heel irons are left and right, so it could be a manufactuer's mark, unless they are both on the out side of the heel (or both on the inside). If they are marked on the same side of the boot (either left of the boot or right) then I would bet it has nothing to do with regimental markings, but if they were both otuside, then I would bet they were, either way, they are the best boots I have ever seen, please send you address and the date of your next vacation:)
Best
Gus

Gustaf the right boot has the mark on the outside and the left boot has the mark on the inside so i think you are right about the manufactuer,s mark , when i go on vacation i will let you know the date and my adress :D .

Westfront said:
Gustaf the right boot has the mark on the outside and the left boot has the mark on the inside so i think you are right about the manufactuer,s mark , when i go on vacation i will let you know the date and my adress :D .

Thank you, then I can plan my vacation to the Netherlands:)
Best
Gus

Back