German M17 gas mask & ersatz plywood canister

Westfront

My latest purchase is this German Lederschutzmaske 17 with an ersatz canister made of plywood its complete with the papercloth carrying strap and two sets of spare lenses enjoy the pictures.

DSC00524_zpsomguhas1.jpg

DSC00526_zpsnycavk5e.jpg

DSC00528_zpsqdrtnasw.jpg

DSC00529_zpswywaaa16.jpg

DSC00531_zpsv5qlhtqc.jpg

DSC00532_zpsymmhnrji.jpg

DSC00533_zpsuyq5lw8d.jpg

DSC00534_zpsdlmoixej.jpg

DSC00536_zpsaigutq7v.jpg

DSC00537_zpswvafndts.jpg

DSC00540_zpsvaeexyri.jpg

DSC00541_zpsppseiwly.jpg

DSC00543_zpshrnepfe1.jpg

We are going to have to put you at the top of the list for places to visit with the truck:)

Excellent, congrats. I have never seen one with that type of canister......uber ersatz!

for sutch fragile material this is a hell of a find =P~
this type i have on my wish list for many years
congrats with this one =D>
jonas

Very nice collection of gasmasks, didn’t even know there was a wooden version. :thumb up:

Spiker said:
Westfront said:
Thank you for your nice comments gents , Gustaf you and your truck are Always welcome :D .

:-k You do know what the truck is for, right ? :D

Evidently, he has a contingency plan for just such an emergency. For some reason, I see a burning truck at the end of a driveway and a few people roasting marshmallows... :wink:

:D Ron

poniatowski said:
Spiker said:
Westfront said:
Thank you for your nice comments gents , Gustaf you and your truck are Always welcome :D .

:-k You do know what the truck is for, right ? :D

Evidently, he has a contingency plan for just such an emergency. For some reason, I see a burning truck at the end of a driveway and a few people roasting marshmallows... :wink:

:D Ron

Years ago, the neighbor burned down and old house, the local fired department came to make sure nothing went wrong. I brought marshmallows and roasted them using a pitchfork. I am suprised that none of the firemen had ever thought of that before.

Wow! Great find and condition! =D>

Like most of us here, didn't know they had ersatz canisters too!

the past sunday there was in belgium at ciney the big militariafair from europe
and i did on the entire marked not even see one ersatz canister
the only things i found where 2 ersatz pickelhaubes

if you find 100 normal canisters you would get lucky if you find one wooden one
there so fragile to last a lifetime

jonas

In 20 years of collecting i've seen only 1 of these. I noticed it when somebody picked it up from a table at a militaria fair and he bought it at once.

Greetings

Pickelhaube

Congratulations on a rare find! :bravo:

I have only ever seen a couple of these plywood canisters, you're a lucky man! =D>

Best Regards,

Alan

Back