Great "Austrian Eagle" Collection

Sadowa

I would like to share here this fantastic photo.
This collection was built after the battle by Ceska Skalice and Nachod where begun the first struggles of the Austro-Prussian War 1866. This collection survived in this shape and condition in the city hall of the little town Ceska Skalice till the 1968 year.Then the local Comunist Party decided to liquidate it.Part of this collection has then been stollen-the better case-and part was damaged and burn up.
Very nice picture-but very sad story.

Alexandr

RUtrofejnOrel.jpg

[/img]

Never seen that one before, very cool!!

wish I could have been at the liquidation sale, but alas I was only 3!

James

Great Picture!!! Absolutely Amazing!!! What a shame, all those great older pattern helmets, let alone everything else in the display!

Rotton communist pigs to destroy something like this, and so very typical of the way they pillaged the old Czechoslovakia and punished her peoples.

I wonder if any out here know of how the reds sought out and punished the W.W. 1 Czech Legion soldiers who fought in Russia after they came to power after WW2 in CZ. Even worse and more dispicable was the treatment they gave the handful of Czech pilots who flew against the Germans in Russia during W.W. 2, helping the Russian cause in the war. These same communist pigs threw the Czech pilots in prison to rot for many years. The same ones who were their allies, helping them to fight the Germans!

Alan

Great Picture!!! Absolutely Amazing!!! What a shame, all those great older pattern helmets, let alone everything else in the display!

Rotton communist pigs to destroy something like this, and so very typical of the way they pillaged the old Czechoslovakia and punished her peoples.

I wonder if any out here know of how the reds sought out and punished the W.W. 1 Czech Legion soldiers who fought in Russia after they came to power after WW2 in CZ. Even worse and more dispicable was the treatment they gave the handful of Czech pilots who flew against the Germans in Russia during W.W. 2, helping the Russian cause in the war. These same communist pigs threw the Czech pilots in prison to rot for many years. The same ones who were their allies, helping them to fight the Germans!

Alan

Back