Great work to all those who restored the forum

Minnesota Slim said:
I go away for work and miss out on all the fun, glad I was gone, I would have been freakin out about losing this site.

Thanks for fixing it!!

James
I wondered why you were not crying like a baby like the rest of us
Gsu

I found by chance that the website was back. What a relief. Congratulations and thanks to whoever contributed to fixing it.
Bruno

Amazing! I'm so glad its back!!!!! I really thought it might all be lost forever...

Thanks very much to everyone who worked so hard getting it back for us.

Cheers
Chris

Thanks for all the accolades. This knocked about a year off my life span I am sure. What I discovered is that yes I had been backing up the files, so I had all those, but I was not using the back-up utility to save the data base. And without that, all I had was a bunch of files.

So after working on this six or more hours every day for the last week and getting no-where except giving myself a killer headache every day, I submitted a work ticket to the provider and asked if they had a back up, and they did, from 30 Aug. Some shameless begging on my part for them to restore back to the 30 Aug snapshot, and they did.

So now I am backing up correctly and we will be able to (hopefully) avoid this happening again. I am still completely amazed that anyone would be such a f**king asshole to delete the site in the first place. I guess people like that are out there unfortunately. The task is not to fall to their level and let them squirm in the gutter alone.

I want to thank those that offered advice and tried to help, especially Robert and Peter_Suciu. No luck unfortunately, but I sure appreciated the effort. Thank you guys.

Hey Tony,
With out your hard work, we would all have to get a life. there are people out there that do far worse than delete a forum, just to see others suffer, but they faild here, we only lost a few threads, and most of the best have been replaced, Thanks
Gus

Back