Greetings from Alaska

JustinG

As I said, I am from Alaska.
My passion is for the Naval end of warfare. Previously, I collected mainly Kriegsmarine items and have achieved much of my goals with that. I am now moving on to imperial times (Kaiserliche Marine). A much more broad time line. The KM was 1935-1939. When war came, they dropped named units/ships and went for the standard "Kriegsmarine" tally, this wasn't the case in WW1 and prior. My main area is Mützenband. (Ships tally or cap bands) I have also an extensive collection of period Wappen from different ships, units, and such.
I have three Pickelhaube as of now,2023-10-12 20.51.26.jpg2023-10-12 20.56.06.jpg2023-10-12 20.56.14.jpg2023-10-12 22.00.51.jpg2023-10-12 22.19.13.jpg2023-10-12 22.19.39.jpg2023-10-12 22.19.53.jpg2023-10-12 22.20.09.jpg

and several wappenplates. I do hope to increase my collection as I gain more and more experience in this field. So I thought I would share some of the few trinkets in my collection with regard to my Pickelhaube items.

I really love my Order of the black eagle disc I really like how this example isn't convexed as in the other example. It makes it an almost copy of the Order of the Black Eagle. Something that I would love to get one day but they do fetch a considerable price. I would love to add other examples in the future. I also am looking for ideas from members who do have a Pickelhaube Wappen collection and how they chose to display their collection.

Thanks for

Here they are:

Best from Alaska,

JustinG

Well said Justin and thank you for posting your wappens. The membership here enjoys helping out new Imperial German collectors so do not hesitate to ask questions.

Welcome to the forum,

I'm not really a Naval collector but really enjoy seeing others Naval collections and learning in the process and here is a good place to do it.

You say you are interested in Muetzenbaender than I think you will really enjoy Justin G's post especially his thread entitled

Mützenbänder of Imperial Times​

All the best John Josef

Last edited:
Welcome Justin, where do you live in Alaska, I lived in Fairbanks as a kid many years ago

James
I live in Anchorage.
Welcome to the forum,

I'm not really a Naval collector but really enjoy seeing others Naval collections and learning in the process and here is a good place to do it.

You say you are interested in Muetzenbaender than I think you will really enjoy Justin G's post especially his thread entitled

Mützenbänder of Imperial Times​

All the best John Josef
Yes, That thread was started by me. JustinG :)

Back