Greetings from Black Forest Germany

Feuerhand

Hello everybody, let me short introduce myself. I´am interested in Pickelhaubes, Visor Caps , and Krätzchen since a few years but I´am still beginner.

I live near Freiburg/Germany so I am collecting everything about the 113Regiment and Badische Schoulder Boards and Kokardes.

Best regards

Mike

Willkommen auf das forum Mike! Mein deutsch ist nicht so gut, aber is wird verstanden, wenn sie berichte in deutsch hier setzt.

Welcome aboard!

Regards, Coert. (Your neighbour on the west side, I'm from the Netherlands)

A relative of mine from Freiburg im Breisgau served with 9. Badisches Infanterie-Regiment Nr. 170. Alas, no pictures of his pickelhaube

A relative of mine from Freiburg im Breisgau served with 9. Badisches Infanterie-Regiment Nr. 170. Alas, no pictures of his pickelhaube
Hello,
I, will answer in German.

Das ist sehr interessant mit Ihrem Verwandten. Einer meiner Vorfahren war im 113 Regiment aus Freiburg. Leider existieren kaum Dokument mehr über seine Dienstzeit.
Das 113 Regiment hat am 01.04.1897 das IV. Bat. abgegeben, zur Bildung des 170 Regimentes in denen Ihr Verwandter diente. Das 170 war bei Offenburg stationiert.

Best regards
Mike

Hello Mike,

Welcome to the forum, it's no problem to post here in English just use an online translator they are getting better and only a few words get lost.

I'm very familier with Freiburg, my wife worked there for LITEF several years ago and we have spent many times enjoying the Hochschwarzwald (y)

Mfg John Josef

Last edited:
Feuerhand, that is interesting information, thank you. Here is the cover of a 1926 unit history of IR 170 - my relative's details are listed in the Verlustliste

1710701383902.png

Ich sollte erwähnen, dass Wisconsin USA u. Besucher von Gütersloh NRW sehr oft. I should mention, From Wisconsin, USA and we visit Gutersloh NRW quite often. We have friends in GT 'our second home'. :)

Back