grenadier eagle?

Sergei1877

Dear friends, tell me by the find from the battlefields. Found an eagle in cupronickel (Neusilber) what kind of regiment wore such an eagle?
97923847_2653729548287885_621209934956068864_n.jpg96844272_617508175516270_1188655765653553152_n.jpg96792476_296620771329931_7250113397914599424_n.jpg96734193_241527016956657_2776945129959718912_n.jpg96687762_674353323417959_7128606239080054784_n.jpg

It doesnt seem cupro-nickel. It is magnetic? I suppose an M15 grenadier eagle who has completely lost the feldgrau finish due to rust.

If its Neusilber, then you are narrowed down to one Regt.

Grenadier-zu-Pferd-Regt. Freiherr von Derfflinger (Neumärkisches) Nr.3 (Bromberg) II Armee Korps

http://www.kaisersbunker.com/gtp/New/dragon0.htm

Tony without Kaiser said:
If its Neusilber, then you are narrowed down to one Regt.

Grenadier-zu-Pferd-Regt. Freiherr von Derfflinger (Neumärkisches) Nr.3 (Bromberg) II Armee Korps

http://www.kaisersbunker.com/gtp/New/dragon0.htm

actually also dragoner regiment nr.1 adopted siver fittings by an AKO of 1916, but both dragoner regiment 1 & 3 wear a different eagle (regulamentation says "garde adler ohne stern" garde eagle without star). The correct eagle for those regiments is similar to line grenadier eagle but differs because it has a small eagle on the top of scepter and sword's hilt is like guard eagle and not S-shape like grenadiers. Also ulanen regiment nr.7 after 1912 wear a similar eagle but smaller.
So the type of eagle posted by Sergey1877 simply doesn't exist according to regulamentation. I have seen a couple of private purchase pickelhauben of grenadier zu pferde regiment that wear a non-regulamentar eagle but probably for production economy reasons, in any case the issued pickelhaube for enlisted men (kammer) must have the regulamentar eagle with correct scepter and sword.

My hypotesis about the M1915 eagle is based on the fact that neusilber will never be attacked by rust as the eagle pictured. If you look at the superior edges of the wings the are not smooth but rough because of some kind of rust aggression. I am 95% sure that eagle posted is magnetic.

My hypotesis about the M1915 eagle is based on the fact that neusilber will never be attacked by rust as the eagle pictured. If you look at the superior edges of the wings the are not smooth but rough because of some kind of rust aggression. I am 95% sure that eagle posted is magnetic.

no it’s not magnetic, this find of their land. they just cleaned it and he ended up in cupronickel. Why did I discuss it here and posted a photo that this eagle is very strange. I had a version that this is the equestrian or 7th Lancers regiment, but there are still other eagles

reservist1 ;
Is the G R zu Pferde # 3 in your collection ?
That is a nice example
Thanks
Steve McFarland

reservist1 ;
Is the G R zu Pferde # 3 in your collection ?
That is a nice example
Thanks
Steve McFarland

Dear friends,
I am currently looking more closely at the grenadier eagles and came across this post, to which I would like to add something.
I have obtained some publications from the „Zeitschrift für Heereskunde“ from the German society for military science which also disagreed for a long time about the correct helmet eagle of the „Grenadier-Regiment zu Pferd Nr. 3“ as it should have looked since March 22, 1897. In 2007, however, they finally got a photo of the helmet from the former regimental chief King Gustav V. of Sweden, who should have worn the correct helmet eagle in that role (see sketch 1 - The link below leads to the photo the sketch is from, but I have no copyrights to show the photo here). His helmet bears an eagle with the following characteristics:
  • X sword hilt
  • Scepter with arcanthus blossom
  • Narrow tail feathers
Of 6 helmets of his regiment that I found on the internet, 4 wore the same eagle plate. Only 2 wore the normal grenadier eagle. So I think the look of the helmet eagle should be clarified. Although I couldn't find an enlisted men's helmet with this type of helmet eagle, the Henkel Atlas indicates the existence of such a Wappen. It is very interesting that some other grenadier regiments are depicted in the Henkel Atlas with such a helmet eagle too, but not all (compare picture 2 - grenadier reg. no. 1 and no. 3). However, I couldn‘t find an enlisted helmet with identical characteristics to King Gustav V's helmet anywhere. I compared about 50 additional helmets from grenadier regiments no. 1-12 from the internet and only 4 grenadier officer helmets had this type of helmet eagle, the others wore the grenadier eagle with s-hilt. So I believe that the grenadier regiments 1-12 wore the grenadier eagle and the Henkel-Atlas is wrong in this topic. But the existence of different helmet eagles in the same regiment might indicate again that there was some tolerance for small variations in the imperial army. Or could it be that the introduction of a new helmet eagle for officer's and enlisted men's helmets had not yet been completed?
Sketch 1 - Helmet eagle of King Gustav V. from Sweden (Grenadier-Regiment zu Pferd - Freiherr von Derfflinger - Nr. 3)
IMG_5139.jpeg
Link to the photo the sketch comes from:

Picture 2 - Except of the „Atlas des deutschen Reichsheeres und der kaiserlichen Marine“ (#1 - Military information sheets):
8C822EE5-9C0E-4F87-AB4D-D67850A49459.jpeg

Back