Grenadier M95 Enlisted Pickelhaube

krb450

Gents,

Several months ago, I had sold my Garde Landwehr EM M95 to Tony of Kaiser's Bunker to put money toward my wedding and it left a void in my collection and in my soul :-({|= . Well, I lucked out big time with this helmet yesterday! It is what I believe to be a Grenadier helmet, and it is marked B.A.V 1911 inside, and the only Grenadier regiment from the Vth Corps was the 6th Gren. Regt out of Posen. Am I correct to assume this?

krb450 said:
Gents,

Several months ago, I had sold my Garde Landwehr EM M95 to Tony of Kaiser's Bunker to put money toward my wedding and it left a void in my collection and in my soul :-({|= . Well, I lucked out big time with this helmet yesterday! It is what I believe to be a Grenadier helmet, and it is marked B.A.V 1911 inside, and the only Grenadier regiment from the Vth Corps was the 6th Gren. Regt out of Posen. Am I correct to assume this?

This is absolutely correct. Great helmet. Congratulations. And best wishes for a happy marriage...
Bruno

Thank you everyone for your input! I have been trying to research Grenadier helmets but they seem to be pretty tough to find. Just as hard to find is information on Grenadier Regiment Nr. 6! Does anyone have a similar example?

Back