Grenadier Regiment 9 Officers Pickelhaube

tony v

Hi,

After much searching I have finally just got something new in.

It was a pre a-arranged pick up at a militaria show but nevertheless a nice excuse to go. It has a blue inside curtain to make a change and the strike on the banner is really deep.cob1.jpgcob2.jpgcob3.jpgcob4.jpgcob5.jpgcob6.jpgcob7.jpgcob8.jpg

Whilst there I also found a Mecklenburg Strelitz helmet plate. Fourth time I have tried to get one of these as so far all the others have turned out to be duds.

cheers Tony

Congratulations (y)

I've always said the best items are sold before the public gets in the door. Sadly for me I've spent most of my collecting years as part of the public picking over the scraps :cry:

Yes, the folks with the deep pockets become known to the dealers and get first crack. It’s the way of the world. I am always a bottom feeder at the Shows looking for those scraps! 😀. However, I am ok with that as when I do find treasure, it is very satisfying.

I too am a bottom feeder despite the flashy purchase.....the plate was a lucky find. There were two IR 89 plates..one for strelitz and one for schwerin but the schwerin one was a wrong un.

I too am a bottom feeder despite the flashy purchase.....the plate was a lucky find. There were two IR 89 plates..one for strelitz and one for schwerin but the schwerin one was a wrong un.

This Reserve MS Wappen is from Regimentals, isnt´it? The second plate is Strelitz too, but active. I do not like the back of this other Wappen and the soldered dots at the front, in the wellknown area....

Philippe

Back