Guard du Korps Officers helmet

Helmstedt

Hello All

Does anyone know of any Officers Guard du Korps helmets currently for sale?

In the past I have seen some with leather lining to the inside of the neck guard, did all officers helmets have this or does it depend on the maker?

Thanks
Helmstedt

"In the past I have seen some with leather lining to the inside of the neck guard, did all officers helmets have this or does it depend on the maker?"

Depending upon what the wearer/owner wanted to pay for this type of private purchase helmet, one can find them with fine calfskin lining on the neck visor, or with crushed velvet lining. I have seen the calfskin in either the natural light tan color, or a blackened color on the rear visor as I recall.

The crushed velvet is typically seen in creme color (white), or a dark color such as black from my experience. Others will chime in with different colors they have experienced seeing.

Best Wishes,

Alan

Last edited:
Depending upon what the wearer/owner wanted to pay for this type of private purchase helmet, one can find them with fine calfskin lining on the neck visor, or with crushed velvet lining. The calfskin can be found in either the natural color, or normally a blackened color on the rear visor as I recall.

The crushed velvet is typically seen in creme color (white), or a dark color such as black from my experience. Others will chime in with different colors they have experienced seeing.

Best Wishes,

Alan
Many thanks Alan, so it would appear as a private purchase item it would depend how deep tour pockets are. When you say 'blacked color' re neck visor are you meaning blackened metal?
Regards
Steve

Typically it is green fine leather on the front visor and crushed black velvet on the rear visor. But as mentioned, you see variations as these were purchased so it was at the buyer’s discretion.

dbh95b.jpg

Why not a bargain like this?

A very nice example..... is that really the going rate?

Typically it is green fine leather on the front visor and crushed black velvet on the rear visor. But as mentioned, you see variations as these were purchased so it was at the buyer’s discretion.

dbh95b.jpg
Thankyou very much for such a good image, clearly worn but in very good condition.

Sometimes if the helmet can be I D ' ed to a Royal and is in
super condition the price can jump up .If it is an an auction
it only takes 2 bidders to drive up the price
Steve

Many thanks Sandy, I think it is going to go for a lot more than the estimate.....
I don't think the listed price is the estimate than rather the starting price. Plus you need to add 25% for the auctioneer on top of the end price. At least that is how I understand it. I also see the helmet selling for much more, would be interesting to know how much it actually sold for but I don't think they are showing the final prices.

Kube will NOT post the selling prices of his auction .He only puts out a list of the items
that do NOT sell. The only way to get prices realized is to pay for his catalog yearly .
He is old fashion and does everything his way .He will NOT take Pay - Pal
There is a 25 % premium added for the auction house after the hammer price .
If you live outside of the E.union there is also an exchange rate to deal with
as all the auction houses in Europe must be paid in Euro
sometimes you can add 50 % to the hammer price
Steve

Kube will NOT post the selling prices of his auction .He only puts out a list of the items
that do NOT sell. The only way to get prices realized is to pay for his catalog yearly .
He is old fashion and does everything his way .He will NOT take Pay - Pal
There is a 25 % premium added for the auction house after the hammer price .
If you live outside of the E.union there is also an exchange rate to deal with
as all the auction houses in Europe must be paid in Euro
sometimes you can add 50 % to the hammer price
Steve
Many thanks Steve, proper Old School type ! that explains maybe why I could not fine him on Saleroom.com that a lot of UK & European auctioneers use. Regards Steve

Back