Guard EM Plate.

I thought this looks pretty decent. Missing it's star but any thought's?

http://cgi.ebay.fr/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=251076641647&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649#ht_500wt_1363" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I have one of these, also missing the star and with the holes in the same position. I was never able to find a star that matched the holes in this position, so I gave up and bought a complete eagle with star instead.
The one I have certainly seems original and this one looks ok as well, but why are the holes in a different place?
I always believed mine was an unissued eagle that had simply been nailed to a wall, but this ebay eagle has the holes in exactly the same place.

Andy

Guard stars with vertically aligned screw posts do exist. The following photo shows one of these stars along with a standard issue style guard star.

Reservist1
guardstar.jpg

Well that answers my question =D> Now all I need to do is find one, which I guess will not be easy. I looked for a star to suit my eagle for years before I finally gave up and replaced it with a complete badge.

Thanks

Andy

Back