Guard Enlisted Pickelhaube

morel5000

Hi all,

Got my eye on this one and I wanted to know if everything is OK (except from a little cleaning).

Thanks in advance,
Michel

s903.jpg

buzs.jpg

2noz.JPG

jlkd.jpg

w552.jpg

kki9.jpg

k1pr.jpg

n4a1.jpg

llcl.jpg

otb6.jpg

The spike is not a "standard" one.
The leather of the helmet looks tired and oily.
A doubt on the cockades, especialy the Prussian one (looks repainted).
A good KBAG marking.
The plate looks good.

Take it at a low price or pass your turn. This helmet is not a rare one.

Thats an officer spike top..note the engraved rings on it. This probably is a replacement but would fit because the Garde's were trichtered regiments.

Thanks guys!

So everything is original,except for a possible replaced spike...
Is the chinstrap ok?
I like the general state. I'll think about it.

Best regards,
Michel

Chin strap is original and very nice. Prussian kokarde is original but repainted. The Reichs kokrde is also original but the white ring may also have been repainted. You will need an OR's spike from a trichtered regiment, one that has a screw top. I have seen 2 up for sale on Ebay in the past year, so not impossible to find.

Thanks guys,

I did add it to my collection. The spike doesn't belong as it doesn't fit ;) So I'll search for one.

The most exciting thing what made me buy it is that is from 1914. So it probably went to war. The fact that the spike is not present is possible as it could be lost somewhere between 1914 and 1918.

Anyway I love pieces which could tell a story. It also displays nice with my other garde pickelhaube (the M1915).

Note that I already used a "stand in spike"... found in France, near Verdun... that hasn't got a screw base, but is two part clamped.

Kind regards,
Michel

rcbv.jpg

Very nice helmets, that M15 though, looks like it could use some tender loving care (TLC). Right out of the barn!

Back