Guard Star fastening

gardist22

I have a question about the different fastening "systems" from the star at EM M95 prussian guard eagles:
I found these "systems" and will know are these different types from different manufactories or just by making at different times?K292976_1.jpg

Attachments

• 128533-2.jpg
    128533-2.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 12
  • 134513-3.jpg
    134513-3.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 12
I have seen square nuts and soldered loops on Garde stars over the years but no prongs. However, I believe that all three shown are original and correct. Soldered prongs are found on mid war Officer wappen. These helmets also have prong stars sometimes. In my opinion, the screw posts and nuts would be found on older wappen. We also see prongs being used on Landwehr officer wappen to fasten their silver crosses. So 👍

I am asking this because looking for an enlisted guard plate and until now i thought the fixing by loops is a "must be" for a M95 enlisted piece.
I thought that the other systems are a sign for private purchase.

torsten

The older ordinary ranks wappen also had screw posts. I don’t remember a date for when they switched to the loops and leather wedges though. If you look in the wappen section here you will see examples of what I am talking about.

Back