Gummimask cloth carrier bag (Segeltuchtasche 16)

Westfront

My latest purchase is this German gummimask cloth carrier bag (segeltuchtasche 16) complete with gasmask and filter there are some marking on the carrier that i cant figure out F.K.25 feldkompanie 25 ? , 140 ? and J 1/4 ? the K K must be the owners name i think.

dsc01198xw.jpg

dsc01199qv.jpg

dsc01200xd.jpg

dsc01201jp.jpg

dsc01202vh.jpg

dsc01214tz.jpg

dsc01203xh.jpg

dsc01205an.jpg

dsc01208tu.jpg

dsc01209sq.jpg

dsc01210y.jpg

dsc01206kv.jpg

dsc01207k.jpg

dsc01218sw.jpg

Great find ! :thumb up:
That can for the spare filter is very hard to find ,well done.
I’m not sure if those red numbers are of a military origin, the lettertype looks different, maybe the bag was used as a tool bag… once upon a time….in plumbing ?... 1/4 is a gas pipe size.

A nice ensemble nevertheless =D> .

That is one sweet find!! Excellent markings. I do not think that this was used by some plummer post war...why keep everything together if you are using the canvas bag? The #3 is obviously the size of the mask. Where are our G-Mask experts? Gus?? F K, Flak Kannone?? Now that would really increase the value!

That's a superb example of a very scarce item.
Jeff Noll's book has F.K. listed as Fuhrparkkolonne (Transport Pool Column).

Thanks everyone for your opinions ,Roya i have been searching in the same book and found F.K. indeed as Fuhrpark Kolonne too but i prefer Flak Kompanie :D .

Wow! That's a very nice set. Congrats!!
I know others have seen these, but I haven't. Even the filter is unopened... I mean... dang! I have a mask similar, used, that still has mustard gas (Mustard agent) on it. Found that out the hard way by peering through the lenses.

:D Ron

That is an excellent set. I believe the markings are period. Though manufactured in Germany, this is an Austrian issue and the markings are typical of an Austrian unit. The F.K.25 stands for Feldkanonen Regiment Nr. 25. The 140 is the man's matrical number. I'm not sure about the "J", but it could be an "I". The 1/4 probably indicates the 1st Zug (2 guns) of the 4th battery.

Most of these pouches were made in Berlin, by various manufacturers. I can see "Berlin" below the manufacturer's name. One of my two examples also has a Berlin maker, but a different one than this. I think yours was made by Paul Loewenberg Sohne, which is the most commonly seen mark. You can sometimes see Austrian acceptance ink mark on the mask out to the side of the eye pieces, or stamped into or ink stamped on the filter canister.

These second pattern pouches (two compartments) sometimes still have the spare filter tin, as does yours, but the more difficult tin to find is the one for the mask that came in the first model (three compartment) Segetuchtasche.

Chip

Chip Minx said:
That is an excellent set. I believe the markings are period. Though manufactured in Germany, this is an Austrian issue and the markings are typical of an Austrian unit. The F.K.25 stands for Feldkanonen Regiment Nr. 25. The 140 is the man's matrical number. I'm not sure about the "J", but it could be an "I". The 1/4 probably indicates the 1st Zug (2 guns) of the 4th battery.

Most of these pouches were made in Berlin, by various manufacturers. I can see "Berlin" below the manufacturer's name. One of my two examples also has a Berlin maker, but a different one than this. I think yours was made by Paul Loewenberg Sohne, which is the most commonly seen mark. You can sometimes see Austrian acceptance ink mark on the mask out to the side of the eye pieces, or stamped into or ink stamped on the filter canister.

These second pattern pouches (two compartments) sometimes still have the spare filter tin, as does yours, but the more difficult tin to find is the one for the mask that came in the first model (three compartment) Segetuchtasche.

Chip

:eek: Wow, I’m impressed with your expertise on the matter. :notworthy:

Also impressed, Well Done! Glad to hear this was used by cannoneers (like me!) :)

Before anybody, like Tony who knows I was a tanker, asks: I had these MOS's in the US military:

13B Cannoneer (on M109, M109A1 and A6)
19E Cavalry Tanker (M60)
63J Quartermaster repair (small engines)
11B Infantry
19K M1 Tanker

:D Ron

Yes, we do have..... "just a little bit" of expertise here on this forum! You nailed it Chip!

Wow indeed !
:bravo:

Gasmasks tend to give me that claustrofobic feeling again.
We used to train hard on protection against Nuclear-Chemical-Biological warfare in the 80ies and 90ies.

Francis

Back