Hannoverian tales.

Zebedeus

The first love is never forgotten.....
It was the year 1984 when I purchased my first pickelhaube. I was lucky enough to came across a prussian Mod 1895. I remember that I was very impressed by the Waterloo bandeau mounted on the chest of the prussian line eagle.
Althought the price was almost double than a standard prussian one I was unable to pass it up.
I paid the seller the equivalent of 225 euro and went home walking on the clouds.
The helmets is still now in my collection after 40 years.
Honestly I must say than I have never regretted purchasing it.
20230518_091034.jpg

Congratulations on making such a wise decision many years ago to purchase this superb and rare helmet!

You started off your collection exceptionally well with this helmet, and continued to excel over the years in assembling an amazing
world-class collection! (y)

Best Wishes,

Alan

Nice! And great you managed to keep it.
All I got are feaded polaroids of my collection back in the seventies.
Sold the whole collection in order to participate in the buying of the first house....in the early 80 ties.

A very nice piece to start a collection. My first helmet was a Prussian M15 with red rot in the liner. I quickly got rid of it once I gained more knowledge. 😊

The first love is never forgotten.....
It was the year 1984 when I purchased my first pickelhaube. I was lucky enough to came across a prussian Mod 1895. I remember that I was very impressed by the Waterloo bandeau mounted on the chest of the prussian line eagle.
Althought the price was almost double than a standard prussian one I was unable to pass it up.
I paid the seller the equivalent of 225 euro and went home walking on the clouds.
The helmets is still now in my collection after 40 years.
Honestly I must say than I have never regretted purchasing it.
View attachment 40973
Great helmet.

I have a Hanoverian Artillery Sword from the Scharnhorst 10th Regiment and hope one day to get a matching helmet - even if it's just a Waterloo Artillery.

Peter

Attachments

• IMG_1344.jpeg
    IMG_1344.jpeg
    144.2 KB · Views: 9
  • Sword3.jpeg
    Sword3.jpeg
    78.5 KB · Views: 9
  • Sword4.jpeg
    Sword4.jpeg
    76.9 KB · Views: 9
Beautiful helmet and a top start for a collection. My first helmet wasn't that good, but I share your feelings about the first helmet. Despite his flaws, he is still a precious treasure for me :)

Congratulations on making such a wise decision many years ago to purchase this superb and rare helmet!

You started off your collection exceptionally well with this helmet, and continued to excel over the years in assembling an amazing
world-class collection! (y)

Best Wishes,

Alan
Dear Alan, I don't think I was wise but rather it was a sort of irrational feeling.
It was as it chose me.

Nice! And great you managed to keep it.
All I got are feaded polaroids of my collection back in the seventies.
Sold the whole collection in order to participate in the buying of the first house....in the early 80 ties.
My dear, this is the life.
First family and primary needs.

Great helmet.

I have a Hanoverian Artillery Sword from the Scharnhorst 10th Regiment and hope one day to get a matching helmet - even if it's just a Waterloo Artillery.

Peter
Dear Bob, I wish you to find quickly the helmet you are loocking for.

Beautiful helmet and a top start for a collection. My first helmet wasn't that good, but I share your feelings about the first helmet. Despite his flaws, he is still a precious treasure for me :)
I really appreciate your feeling because of it's like mine.

Back