Happy Boxing Day

Gustaf

Staff member
Hello to all of you in the Great White North and Blighty (and those exiled from Blighty) I almost forgot to wish you all a happy Boxing Day, this is not celebrated in the US just as Christmas was not celebrated for many years after the revolution. Christmas and Boxing Day were considered to be British, and the early citizens of the US did everything to distance themselves from Great Britian, even changing the spelling of many words. The early bowcott of Christmas did not last, and had no relation to the current attempts to irradicate Christmas form the public view (this is being done rateher succesfully by a very small minority of athiests who want to establish athieisum as the national religion) but I am gettin off topic again, and can not figure out haw to blame Joe, so I guess I will stop for a beer and wish you all Happy Boxing Day
Gus

Ghus,

The tradition of Boxing Day in Great Britain was in fact the day that gifts were given, hence the phrase "Christmas Box", meaning a gift given.

Now I think it would be appropriate that my long lost American Cousins, that probably left from my very door step in Plymouth, should give ME something for a Christmas Box, as a token of friendship ..... My suggestions would be a token Pickelhaube or two ... nothing special .. I'll let you choise Ghus !!!!

What do you mean Ghus, you'll stop for a beer .. hell, it's only just after midday where you are. At least give the sun a chance to go down over the yard arm before partaking of the Amber Nectar.

Anyway ..have a Great British Boxing Day .. to all of my friends across the pond and for that matter this side of it as well.

Hey Mike,
It is possible that we are cousins, my ansesters would ocasionaly vacation in England and do a little rapeing and pillaging during their stay.
Best wihses
Gus

Hey Ghus,

I thought you had that Viking look about you so I guess my ancestors could have sprung from one of your ancestors loins. OMG the thought of it :D.

I'm sure my poor Ancient Ango-Saxon ancestor struggled and shouted "Oh no more GUSTAF, NO MORE GUSTAF, Oh for %£*^ sake I mean give me MORE GUSTAF".

Well we'll have to compare family tree's some day !!!!

Maggie thinks that your ansestors probably took some of my ansestors to their family tree and left the swinging (to be honest, I first thought she was refering to my ansestors being monkeys, but she was refering to them being hung, maybe that is why they were so popular with the girls, oops, sorry, she ment hanged, bummer)
Best wihses
Gus

Well Gus,

I've got to say Gaye said similar things about me, something about being hung, not sure which way she meant?

Let's hope the Moderator of this forum doesn't click onto the undertones that are being spread. Wake up OTTO, mind you Ghus he is slow on the uptake :D . Only joking.

Back