Haupt Kadettenanstalt Berlin Lichterfelde

Grestro

Hello everybody,

does anybody know, which cap (Muetze) has been worn by the members of the Haupt Kadettenanstalt in Lichterfelde?
I´m not sure if the prussian Schirmmuetze fits to the uniform I own. Unfortunately I´m not able to find a photo that could give me the answer to this question. Please have a look at my uniform:

http://www.vogesenkaempfe14-18.de/Lichterfelde.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Any help appreciated! Many thanks in advance, gentlemen!!

Best regards

Alex

Grestro said:
Hello everybody,

does anybody know, which cap (Muetze) has been worn by the members of the Haupt Kadettenanstalt in Lichterfelde?
I´m not sure if the prussian Schirmmuetze fits to the uniform I own. Unfortunately I´m not able to find a photo that could give me the answer to this question. Please have a look at my uniform:

http://www.vogesenkaempfe14-18.de/Lichterfelde.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Any help appreciated! Many thanks in advance, gentlemen!!

Best regards

Alex

As per a German publication I have, die deutschen Infanterie, 1888 bis 1914 in Farbe, written by Reiner Hermann, Jens Nguyen, and Rene Bernert, the bookj states as follows,

Als Helm wurde der des 2. Garde Regiments zu Fuß gertagen, jedoch mit schwartzem Haarbusch. An der Schirmmütze befanden sich Offizierkokarden. Die sächsischen kadetten trugen durchweg den Offizierhelm des LiebgrenadierRegimentes Nr. 100, jedoch mit Splinten wir für die Mannschaften. In Bayern wurde ebenfalls der Offizierhelm der Infanterie getragen, allerdings mit einer glatten Spitze.

I typed this from the book, I don't have a scanner.  The crappy Google translation ( I helped a little) is as follows;

As (leather) helmet worn by the 2nd Guards Regiment on foot, but with a black hair bush. On the cap is worn a Officer's cocard*. The Saxon cadets wore throughout the officer's helmet of the lifeguard Grenadier Regiment No. 100, but with pins we have for the enlisted men. In Bavaria, also an officer of infantry helmet was worn smooth, but with a point.

* I believe the wore the cap of a Prussian Officer of the line, based on other passages.

Back