Hello from a cold and damp UK

AndyT

Hi,
just a short note to introduce myself....
Andy from the UK, I've been interested in military history (Units/Markings and Uniforms) for decades.
My main interest is Hungary in the 20th Centrury, however over the last 12-18 months I have become interested if the Franco-Prussian war/German uniforms up to around 1918.
I don't collect helmets/Pickelhauben, however I hope to change that sooner rather than later.
I've followed several links to get here and the forum and knowledge base here is fantastic, I hope I can contribute something meaningful in the future.

I'll be posting here as myself and on behalf of a friend who is a militaria collector, however he is still very much in the pre-internet age without any access other than through an old phone! :(

Regards
Andy

welcome here to you and even your friend
on this forum there are all serious collectors that share there knodledge for free
dig into this forum and you will learn a lot

jonas

Welcome to the forum Andy and friend. feel free to ask any questions that may arise. I look forward to seeing future posts and pics!

Hello Andy from a fellow countryman. Enjoy the forum it is a great way to learn and see great pieces get posted and discussed.

Welcome Andy!

Once you get that 'old' friend of yours over to a computer and show him how easy it is to navigate this stuff, he'll be right up to speed. Nice to have you aboard!

:D Ron

Back