HELLO FROM INDIANA

beast

I usually hang out at the USMF, but was invited to come over here. Glad I did! I wish I knew about this site when I was trying to restore an M15.

Welcome. I have drifted away from the USMF as they have done something with their forum that deleted all the offsite hosted photos, and many of the posts have lost a lot of images because of that. Being from Indianna, I would suspect that you frequent SOS regularly

United States Military Forum

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;?

Gustaf said:
Welcome. I have drifted away from the USMF as they have done something with their forum that deleted all the offsite hosted photos, and many of the posts have lost a lot of images because of that. Being from Indianna, I would suspect that you frequent SOS regularly

Hi Gustaf, I used to be a regular at the OVMS and SOS shows, but only recently began to attend them again. It's great to see how much the show has grown.

I understand USMF's reasoning, too many people with photo hosting sites would remove their photos, leaving the thread useless. The moderators over there have been working to restore the photos, but it's an on-going process.

I'm glad to have found this site as I really appreciate the classic beauty of the pickelhaub and the many variations in the stahlhelm.

beast said:
I understand USMF's reasoning, too many people with photo hosting sites would remove their photos, leaving the thread useless. The moderators over there have been working to restore the photos, but it's an on-going process.

I can see their reasoning to want to have photos hosted on their site to avoid losing them, but removing photos to prove a point seems to be cutting their nose off to spite their face. I use photobucket as not all forums host photos, and I do not like having to resize photos to post them on forums with limits. By uploading to photo bucket, the photo is automatically sized and Bob's your uncle. The threads I have been following have had most of their photos removed, and I can not replace the photos that were removed from my posts as I do not have them on the computer that use on the webernet. I could go ahead and download them from photobucket, as they would be resized, but it is easier to tell people who want to see the photos to come here or gun boards to see them.
Anyhooo, I think you will like this bunch, there is not a normal person in the group.

Back