Hello from Minnesota USA

sixjune1944

Hello all,
My name is Charlie and I live in Minnesota, USA, and have collected WWI and WWII militaria most of my life. I am 45 and am especially interested in the Imperial German period. My ancestors immigrated from Alsace, France, so I am interested in anything WWI/Alsace associated and have traveled there twice. I also intend to visit Verdun and the Somme in September. Here are some low-quality photos of pieces of my collection. Oh yes, I love the M-16 and M-18 stahlhelms too. This forum is a great asset, and I look forward to reading and sharing.
Charlie

Welcome to the forum! There is a large group from Minnesota. They have been defending us against Canadians for quite some time. I noticed that drum in the bottom picture. The neatest thing I have ever seen done with one of these is that a guy who was in architectural Digest placed a large round piece of glass over the top of this–larger than the drum–and turned it into a coffee table. Absolutely stunning. Welcome again!

Welcome Charlie,
I am sure you are bringing up the average standard of the membership form Minnesota, as we have members from there who are on parole, fugitives and a couple who have Canadian ancestry.
Best
Gus

Hello Charlie,
What Gus and Joe are trying to forget is that this is originally a Canadian site :p
Bienvenue and nice photos, especially the ear cut-out Stahlhelm :thumb up:

Back