Hello From New Orleans

pickelhauben

Hello Guys ,

This is my first post on the forum . I have not heard of this site till about 2-3 months ago and decided to join in on the fun. I have been collecting for about 20 years now but have taken some time off (about 10 years ) after Katrina and have now gotten back into collecting I have about 90 pieces of German head gear ranging from steel helms , shakos , tschaptas (spell )and spikes .

I would say I have gotten about 75 % of my spikes from R. Trawnik before he and Remy S. formed Age of Kings . I have known Randy for over 20 years and he is one of the nicest guys I know !!! He is always willing to help out when the need arises.

I also rebuild spikes ( looks like you all prefer to call 'em haubes ) . I enjoy taking on basket cases and bringing them back to life as collectors items . I also make and build 1/18th scale military models and I am known on several 1/18th scale collector forums. I use the name pickelhaube on those forums and could not get that name on this form so I had to settle for pickelhauben.

In the future I would like to post a few pics of my collection and the projects that I am working on.

I am happy to be here !!!

Welcome! I am also new here,but visited the forum for some years,to collect knowledge,looking forward for your pictures, :thumb up:

Welcome to the Forum, looking forward to seeing some of your collection in future posts.

You are correct, does not get any better then Randy when it comes to helmets and helping out!!

Best

James

Yes
I am also looking forward to seeing photos of your collections .
I have been to the Crescent City many times .
Mainly to eat and drink wine .
I never knew a collector there .
I remember the soldier shop in the Quartet
years ago
Dave Dugas I think ?
Great city
Post your photos when you can
Steve

Indeed welcome, very glad that you have joined us :thumb up: Good news also to assume that your collection survived Katrina as well. I was thinking about Militaria collections being lost as that went down and the aftermath. Please do post some pics of your collection.

Back