Hello from the UK

madtheswine99

Just joined this forum, as my father has been collecting German militaria since he was 12yrs old, he is now 87. I have posted some photos of some of his collection(sorry for the quality, it was my phone). I would like some feedback on the picklehaub with the silver skull and crossbones on the front. I know its genuine as it came from Germany with my German Aunt.

Welcome to the forum! We would need a lot more pictures of the helmet but you can get lots of opinions here. Welcome again.

Welcome to the forum. Yes more pics of that particular piece not taken behind glass...front, both sides, interior and one of any ink stamped markings on the rear visor. Sometimes these markings can be found inside the shell. At first glance this helmet is from Infantry Regt 92 from Brunswick. You might see an ink stamp of IR 92 or JR 92 on the rear visor. To be continued.......

My father has a huge collection of militaria, which was mostly brought back from the war by his brothers whom served in Italy, and Germany. He has a number of peaked caps, and helmets. He also has a huge swastika flag that was removed from a tank in Italy by my uncle. Will see what photo's I can get.The exciting thing is, I will inherit all these great things.

Another couple of poor quality pics, note the rifle in the photo second one down, it is a great piece of kit. Liberated from Jersey by my father.

b.loree said:
Welcome to the forum. Yes more pics of that particular piece not taken behind glass...front, both sides, interior and one of any ink stamped markings on the rear visor. Sometimes these markings can be found inside the shell. At first glance this helmet is from Infantry Regt 92 from Brunswick. You might see an ink stamp of IR 92 or JR 92 on the rear visor. To be continued.......

You are absolutely correct, as my dad has filled filled me in with a lot more information. My Uncle, my fathers brother married a German woman, whom was in the Luftwaffe, and she brought it back from Germany after swopping it for food. He also has the old German owners name, and a photograph of his grave. His uniform unfortunately was burnt as a lot of ex-German soldiers did, as did my Aunt after the war.

Back