helmet cover for pickelhaube,double sided

ernestlebourru

Bonjour
my first post on your site is for presenting you a piece of my collection,this helmet-cover is in a poor condition ,but i like it,green and white, five steel hooks sewn on cotton pieces for switching...,no military markings ...
Ernest
100_2203.jpg

100_2202.jpg

100_2201.jpg

100_2200.jpg

100_2205.jpg

Nice Ernest!

I have not seen a reversible type like this. Two different types of camouflage? -- a liner? -- how do the hooks reverse?

Bonjour
hooks are attached to cotton bands so they can be flipped to either side of the helmet cover, depending on which side is exposed...
i am located in west south of France,near the pyrénnean mountains,(natural border line between France and Spain)

Amitiés
Ernest

Nice! In which city do you live? My mother is an antique dealer in Biarritz. Only once did she find a spike helmet for me, in a family in Pays Basque. They did not know what it was but for me identification was easy... it turned out to be a 1867 Garde du Corps helmet!
Cheers,
Bruno

WoW! I have never seen such an example before. It does make total sense though. Brian

Very nice! It's only in rough condition because either the people who owned it before you didn't care about it or it was damaged in use. Either way, I'm sure it'll get some TLC now!

Ron

Back