Help needed with identifying manufacture mark and Family Crest ?

John Josef

Hi Guys and Gals,

I need a bit of help with identifying this manufacture mark from this Imperial Officers field service cutlery set I recently picked up from a dealer/friend of mine.

I feel I've seen the marking before but I'm having a memory lapse. Its a moon inside of a letter C.

Also would be great if someone could also Identify the Shield with the Crown. I was thinking it could be the officers family crest, or a generic shield that wasn't completed. All thoughts and comments are welcome and any info much appreciated. Regards John Josef

Resized_20231222_120654.jpegResized_20231222_120702.jpegResized_20231222_120729.jpeg

Here is a close up of the Manufactures Mark which is on all three pieces. Also notice the hardened material used for the knife.

Resized_20231222_120817.jpeg

Here is what I think could be the Officers Family Crest, or maybe a generic crest that wasn't yet personalized.

Resized_20231222_120741.jpeg

And here is a close up of the Imperial Marking.

Resized_20231222_120737.jpeg

Last edited:
I’ve seen that mark before also. I know there is a book on “German Tradenames and Trademarks 1900-1945”, unfortunately I do not own a copy. My guess is the blank shield could have been engraved with the owner’s initials, in this case was not.

Thanks for your input its much appreciated, and reinforces what I was thinking.(y)

Really glad to own this set, I've never seen one exactly like it and I'm guessing no one else has or there would have been some more responses. Also a big thanks for the information on the book, I will certainly pick one up. No such thing as too much knowledge in our Hobby.

Thanks again 🎅

Back