Help on this Prussian Dragoner Pickelhaube

meme32

Hi everyone,

I am new on this forum but old time member on other militaria forum.
I am glad to have found your forum, Pickelhaube is something that deserves a dedicated forum !

I am trying to identify this helmet for a friend of mine who get it from his father.

For me it looks to be a Prussian Pickelhaube for Fähnrich im Dragoner Regiment.

Am I right ? Is the silk interior missing ?

Your opinion would be appreciated.

Thanks

Kind regards

Attachments

• IMG_6901.jpg
    IMG_6901.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_6902.jpg
    IMG_6902.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_6903.jpg
    IMG_6903.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_6904.jpg
    IMG_6904.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_6905.jpg
    IMG_6905.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_6906.jpg
    IMG_6906.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_6907.jpg
    IMG_6907.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_6908.jpg
    IMG_6908.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_6909.jpg
    IMG_6909.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_6910.jpg
    IMG_6910.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_6912.jpg
    IMG_6912.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_6913.jpg
    IMG_6913.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_6914.jpg
    IMG_6914.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 39
Hi everyone,

I am glad to have found your forum, Pickelhaube is something that deserves a dedicated forum !

I am trying to identify this helmet for a friend of mine who get it from his father.

Thanks

Kind regards
It don't like it ever had a silk liner
Steve

Hi everyone,

Thanks

Kind regards
There is something wrong with the eagle plate, which looks over-sized, or at least ill-fitting. One of the inside pictures shows one attachment of this plate, and this one is definitively wrong: long flat prongs going through an eyelet. Is this a repair? How is the other attachment (hidden on the picture)?

Hi

Many thanks for your quick replies, so it looks like there are severla issues with it...I do not have it in hands. I will post more pictures if possible. Thanks again for your support.

Kind regards

Sorry but I agree with 911car, the wappen looks good quality but seems mounted off-centre, too large for the helmet and uses bent brads instead of usual officer screw posts. I suspect a substitution for some reason.

Another note.
It looks like officer style front and rear visor have been added to an EM shell.
The plate does look to be from an original helmet purhapse an older taller helmet.
To me it looks like a parts helmet.
But all the parts of are high quality.

Thank you so much. I am far to be an expert when it comes to Pickelhaube and I really appreciate forum like this one where people are not only giving thumbs up or down but also do provide details and explanation. It is very helpful and that is the only way to learn and share knowledge.
Pickelhauben is a mine field and although interesting it, I have always been scared to really enter into this area...I think one can become very quickly addictive :).

This Pickelhaube belong to a friend who get it from his (deceased) Dad, I will let him know that it is a parts helmet.

I do have in my collection a few Pickelhaube that I will share on the forum in the next few days.

Thanks again

Kind regards

Absolutely put together from parts. I would still be happy to display it, but sadly it is only worth its value in parts.

Back