Help with a couple of Picklehaubes

madtheswine99

Over to the experts for some help in first identifying the regiments etc, and second what sort of value?

The first one.

The second, I do know that the plate is damaged.

Thanks in advance.

I also see all the pictures...The infantry M95 looks very nice, IR26, 1905, 3B marked, with 11C1 marked on the right side.
The Arty one looks also nice, shame about the plate damage, and I cannot read the markings on it.
:)

Ok now I got them.

Both appear to be M95's

IMO value would be $650 to $750 on M95 with spike and maybe a little more on artillary model.

James

911car said:
Cockades look actually like modern reproductions.

So do I :(

The chinstrap on the JR26 is uncommon.....Never saw that with such holes. I think it´s not genuine...

The artillery helmet has its chinstrap broken, the emblem is broken too and one cockade is missing. No regimental stamp to see.

So I think the value can be less for both helmets. For the JR26: $ 550 and the same for the artillery helmet.

Philippe
:wink:

argonne said:
911car said:
Cockades look actually like modern reproductions.

So do I :(

The chinstrap on the JR26 is uncommon.....Never saw that with such holes. I think it´s not genuine...

The artillery helmet has its chinstrap broken, the emblem is broken too and one cockade is missing. No regimental stamp to see.

So I think the value can be less for both helmets. For the JR26: $ 550 and the same for the artillery helmet.

Philippe
Sometimes soldiers made private purchases, this may be one of them as it does not have the slider vent, hence the lack of stamps on the rear visor? Maybe I dont know.

madtheswine99 said:
Sometimes soldiers made private purchases, this may be one of them as it does not have the slider vent

M95 Kammer helmets from the FAR (mounted) units did not wear the ventilation back trim. Only the Fuß AR units.
M15 helmets of both (FAR and Fuß AR) wore the ventilated back trim.

Philippe

The artillery does have a stamp, just hard to read. Dark stamp on darken leather and then someone wrote over it with pencil. Appear to be FAR something.

Back