Help with Shoulder board identification

I have an index to the foot artillery units that was put together by Major von Stein. There was no Fußart.Rgt.Nr.30. There was instead, Fußart.Batl.Nr.30, which served with the 19.Army. To muddy the waters a little more, there was also a Landwehr-Fußart.-Batl.Nr.30, a Schwere 15cm-Kanonen-Batterie Nr.30 and a Reserve-Fußart.-Batterie Nr.30. So take your pick!

Chip

Hi Gents,

Apologies again for the delayed response. Many thanks for your help. I'll display the 30 FA board with a rimmed Prussian Crown button for the time being as by 1918 pretty much everyone seemed to be wearing these irrespective of their state of origin.

So Chip - am I right in thinking that the Landwehr-Fußart.-Batl.Nr.30, Schwere 15cm-Kanonen-Batterie Nr.30 and Reserve-Fußart.-Batterie Nr.30. used identical insignia to the Fuss Artillerie Batl Nr 30? This MUST have got confusing!!!

I suppose it's just a reminder of the vast scale of the German Army during the Great War and the huge reserves of man power that they could field.

Simon,

You are correct in thinking that all these similarly numbered units would have worn identical shoulder straps. Hopefully, their paths never crossed!

Chip

Back