Help With Sword Identification

Kaiser Wilhelm II

Hello All,
I Purchased this sword a couple of years ago at a show, and I cannot identify exactly what it is, I have found somewhat similar things, however nothing that I can pin as this, or this being a different model of. I believe it was probably made in the mid 19th century, maybe early 19th century. The blade from tip to guard is just under 30 inches, about 72cm. Based on that I know its a footman. Maybe Artillery? My best guess at the moment would be some sort of militia sword. Anyhow, I would like to know if any of you know what this is, and when or who made it. It has no markings on blade, Guard or Grip. If you need more images, let me know. Thank You.

1703028403288.jpeg1703028453463.jpeg1703028506036.jpeg

WOW, and I thought I had great parents growing up I don't remember dad giving me money to buy a sword at 10 (y)(y)

Congratulations
Good Friend, I must correct you, I personally saved the money for this one, took a lot of weed pulling and tree trimming, but This was paid for all with my money when I was still 13, over a year and a half, for a veteran I know. A $235 well earned I will say. Thanks anyway. :)

Unfortunately I don know much about swords, but I have to give you my respect. Being so focused and forward-looking at such a young age is really impressive. Well done Hayden (y)

Good Friend, I must correct you, I personally saved the money for this one, took a lot of weed pulling and tree trimming, but This was paid for all with my money when I was still 13, over a year and a half, for a veteran I know. A $235 well earned I will say. Thanks anyway. :)

Not buying it, kids nowadays wouldn't pull a weed if you had a gun to their head :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Anyway you slice it ( no pun intended ) its great to see a 15 year old loving this stuff you remind me of myself at your age my young friend (y)(y)

Being serious for a minute, I hate to be the possible bearer of bad news but it looks like a modern weld on the blade at the guard.

Not buying it, kids nowadays wouldn't pull a weed if you had a gun to their head :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Anyway you slice it ( no pun intended ) its great to see a 15 year old loving this stuff you remind me of myself at your age my young friend (y)(y)

Being serious for a minute, I hate to be the possible bearer of bad news but it looks like a modern weld on the blade at the guard.
I tell the absolute truth, you can believe that, and about that weld, I did notice that, and that Is why I have not really used kid gloves on this sword, As a matter of fact, there is a trail, and old road actually, near where I am at, It is overrun with invasive briers and other stuff, this sword's edge has met them more than once. Anyhow, don't worry about being a bearer of bad news, This sword is fun to have, and as of now, I just like to use it. Thank you, Herr Joseph. Cheers!

Back