Hermann & Kube

KAGGR#1

Did anyone win anything at the Hermann auction on Oct 17 ?
The Kube auction was today 21 Oct
but he is "old fashion "
we can't follow his auction on line
and you only can get his results sheet if you pay him for
his catalog .He will not post items that sold on line
I bid on 1 item but who knows when or how I will find out ?
Steve

I won pair of general's shoulder boards from Hermann. I am still waiting for the invoice. This happened the last time I won something from that auction house. With Kube ,I bid on one item . I have no idea if my bid reached him in time or if I won.

Kube did email me about my lot
I was bidding on a Prussian e m Waffenrock for G R 4
I bid 1,500 Euro
with 25 % fee and possible exchange rate ; bank fee and shipping
about $2,100 U S Dollars
I based my bid on what I had paid Weitze for a nice e m Waffenrock for G R 7
No luck
hammer price was 1,650 Euro
about $ 2,300 U S D
Steve

Regimentals is reselling a number of Hesse helmets and items that they won at Hermann
I saw that too...I do not understand this kind of action consisting of buying helmets from a expensive auction (with 25% fees added on the prices), just to sell them again after a few days for not a great bargain. They also have to pay revenue taxes in GB...
Just one example: HH item 3258, FAR 27 EM helmet with cover and case: 1900 Euro + 25% = 2375,- Euro. Now sold for 2450 GBP (2800 Euro).

Another example: HH item 3250, JR117 without regiment stamp: 1600 Euro + 25% = 2000 Euro. Now sold for 2100 GBP (2400 Euro).

Philippe

Philippe I echoed what you have said. I also wonder. Regimentals also bought from other dealers like Andy Beals website and listing them at another 10%. I know stock is hard to come by but to have cash flow stuck for such small profits, its not worth it

buying helmets from a expensive auction (with 25% fees added on the prices), just to sell them again after a few days for not a great bargain
Hi Philippe,
It does however keep their shop relevant, so militaria buyers will check in regularly. In some other militaria online shops it seems to be the same helmets that have been on offer for many years, and I have stopped checking in on those many years ago.
Regards,
Lars

Hi Philippe,
It does however keep their shop relevant, so militaria buyers will check in regularly. In some other militaria online shops it seems to be the same helmets that have been on offer for many years, and I have stopped checking in on those many years ago.
Regards,
Lars
Hi Lars,
It makes sense 👍 Just a question of surviving and not to be forgotten...
Philippe

I see this a lot with dealers at local auctions when a big collection is sold. I totally hate when I really want something for my collection and they run me up then put it on their site and want me to pay more the next week of so.

Back