Hermann

Nice collection. Some rare helmets. Start price is fair. I had ordered the catalogue which has yet to arrive.

It's a shame we can't all get together and agree not to bid against each other. That could be the only way to help keep prices down. ;)

Wouldn't that be a welcome change, I'm sure the auction house would hate it. :unsure:

Still got no news from them since they lost my 10k parcel last spring sale....
So no candy from that shop for me this time!

This is terrible news and the fear of every collector. I really feel for you.

Can you share information on how they have responded to the loss? Was it insured? Did they compensate you for the loss?

Can you share what you've learned about their policies when such a terrible thing happens? As a buyer do they offer you any protections?

I'm asking because over the years I've bought from them several times and luckily have never had any problems. I'm sure just about every member here who's been at it awhile has also dealt with them at some point and would also be very interested. Thanks John Josef

Last edited:
This is terrible news and the fear of every collector. I really feel for you.

Can you share information on how they have responded to the loss? Was it insured? Did they compensate you for the loss?

Can you share what you've learned about their policies when such a terrible thing happens? As a buyer do they offer you any protections?

I'm asking because over the years I've bought from them several times and luckily have never had any problems. I'm sure just about every member here who's been at it awhile has also dealt with them at some point and would also be very interested. Thanks John Josef
Yes the complete story
the problem is they declare full value on each package
any one who looks at the box can see the value of what's in it
I understand the helmets are in the USA ?
Will they ship from there ?
Steve

The story is this;
I had baught several helmets on 3 different of theyr auctions.
I just moved to France and notified them on different occasions.
First by changing my official delivery adress on thyer webpage and by sending them a message after each payement I made to them.
And they responded in a positive way!

They send me 3 parcels each corresponding to the different sales.
The lesser god is send to my adress in France and two other parcels to my old adress in Belgium.
Lucky that one had to come from the US, it was held by customs, so that I could react, and have them send the parcel back to the US where it was send to the correct adress.
But the third parcel was send with DHL, this goes over to the national belgian post services, deliverd on a saterday when the normal postman doesn't work (I know the guy well and he was aware of me not living ther anymore) but brought by a student and left before the door of a abandoned house. I got a message in france that my parcel was "left on a safe place by the house" with a picture.
It was right in front of the door and could be seen by anyone from the street...
By the time (and it took nearly two days...) I managed to get someone over there to check it, the parcel was gone.

No response was given to any message (over 10 messages)or call (3 to 4 calls)I did to them.
I have a personal additional inssurance for things like that (costs me 600 euro a year!), they had no succes eighter untill now....

Yes the complete story
the problem is they declare full value on each package
any one who looks at the box can see the value of what's in it
I understand the helmets are in the USA ?
Will they ship from there ?
Steve
Yes, they will ship from U.S., at least the ones from Jim's collection

But the third parcel was send with DHL, this goes over to the national belgian post services, deliverd on a saterday when the normal postman doesn't work (I know the guy well and he was aware of me not living ther anymore) but brought by a student and left before the door of a abandoned house. I got a message in france that my parcel was "left on a safe place by the house" with a picture.
It was right in front of the door and could be seen by anyone from the street...
By the time (and it took nearly two days...) I managed to get someone over there to check it, the parcel was gone.

No response was given to any message (over 10 messages)or call (3 to 4 calls)I did to them.
I have a personal additional inssurance for things like that (costs me 600 euro a year!), they had no succes eighter untill now....

I think if you notified them ahead of time of your current address, they are 100% responsible for the stolen item.

I also believe that it should be the same in Europe but any package that is insured and valued at over 1000 Dollars/Euros must be signed for in person. This is company policy; therefore, I think you could also go after DHL. I'm not sure if the Belgian post is part of the Belgian Government but if they are that could be a problem. What kind of idiot delivers packages/mail to a vacant house.:unsure: :poop:

It's a nightmare, maybe you should contact a Lawyer and have them right an official letter. I think that may light a fire under them and get them moving.

Good luck (y)

Last edited:
Just got notified my catalog for this auction has shipped! I know we may be bidding against each other on many helmets, I am looking at two and will be bidding on Lots 4444 and 4447 they are both beamte helmets.

Good luck to all

James

.........................................................................................What kind of idiot delivers packages/mail to a vacant house.:unsure: :poop:

It's a nightmare, maybe you should contact a Lawyer and have them write an official letter. I think that may light a fire under them and get them moving.

Good luck (y)

I absolutely despise it when a seller uses DHL. I've had numerous problems with them in the past.

After recently jumping through many hoops and figuring out how to actually be able to speak with a live person at DHL, they assured me that a package would be held and delivered on a later date than the scheduled delivery date. I came home from the SOS back the end of February, only to discover that the package with an M95 Baden reservist helmet inside of it that was supposed to be held for delivery until Monday the 26th of February, had been delivered and left in my enclosed front porch on Saturday, the 24th of February. No one was home to sign for it, and it was simply released and left. Fortunately it was not stolen.

Best Wishes,

Alan

Last edited:
Guy's just an FYI as this auction has a no return policy. Ask for more pictures of helmets you are interested in, I asked about the 2 I was interested in and one is missing whole liner, and other is in tough shape on inside, I will not be bidding.

James

Guy's just an FYI as this auction has a no return policy. Ask for more pictures of helmets you are interested in, I asked about the 2 I was interested in and one is missing whole liner, and other is in tough shape on inside, I will not be bidding.

James
Great advice and info James. I was unaware of the no-return policy, but am being very cautious with these lots. Many interesting and glorious pieces, but some are rougher than they look at first glance and many have odd little nuances that suggest they've been fiddled with over the years. There are many more good pictures in the "online catalog" version rather than the "flipbook," gorgeous though the latter may be.

James
Good advise !
Steve

Back