Hermann

Just take a look at this one in the Auction, completely shiny ... the shown pics from me are from 2013 if im correct & there has the helmet its original patina

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 39
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 36
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 34
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 31
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 31
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 32
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 32
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 33
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 28
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 37
Just take a look at this one in the Auction, completely shiny ... the shown pics from me are from 2013 if im correct & there has the helmet its original patina
10k was way to much for this one in my opinion, but at least it was uncleaned and beautiful how it was... now its a cleaned up Generals helmet without its former patina starting at 5k...

It's even not sure if this helmet belonged to Rosenbusch, James D. Turinetti bought the Generals Helmet from a Museum & they told him that it could belong to him

10k was way to much for this one in my opinion, but at least it was uncleaned and beautiful how it was... now its a cleaned up Generals helmet without its former patina starting at 5k...
Thanks for the photos
it looked like one nice helmet
that black tag with the white writing
Do you know who did that tag ?
Years ago, I saw photos of a big collection in Germany
W. Schmidt
a lot of his helmets had that king of tag for them
I am glad that you saved the photos
Many thanks
Steve

Thanks for the photos
it looked like one nice helmet
that black tag with the white writing
Do you know who did that tag ?
Years ago, I saw photos of a big collection in Germany
W. Schmidt
a lot of his helmets had that king of tag for them
I am glad that you saved the photos
Many thanks
Steve
Hmm i'm not sure if the Tag was done by James or the Museum, but i think it came out from the Museum too

I looked at the helmet at HH . For sure it is the one in your photos
I no longer see the black tag
Steve

For sure it will find a buyer & this one will be happy with the Spike Helmet. How i said, it's only my opinion, that i would not be happy with such a cleaned Generals Pickelhaube :)

If I had the choice, I would also prefer it in its original condition, but someone made that choice for all future possible owners not much we can do about it. I would love to have a Bavarian Generals Helm in any condition if I'm honest and could make do with this one :D(y)

Indeed, interesting. How i said, it's still a nice helmet, but in my opinion the price is too high for a cleaned Generals Helmet. The original patina was beautiful, i'm realy not sure who cleaned this one & why. In the original Condition i had bought the helmet in the autction today for sure, back in the days was J T's price a waaay to much with 10.000€ ... I'm wondering if he bought the helmet for such a high price out of the musuem too

Alway interesting to check the forum when an auction is going off, there is nobody here. :unsure:

Someone may be able to save 25% on a helmet they were watching if it sits a bit. (y)
I don't know what Hermann does about unsold lots ?
I don't know if they do re-runs ?
Maybe they return them to the owner
I was thinking , I bet the seller will be disappointed with some of the hammer prices ?
also what % does Hermann charge the seller ?
Then the money from the sale will become a tax matter
If you have a bill of sale for each helmet , when purchased , he might could show a loss on some of them ?
I wonder if Weitze bid on some of the helmets ?
all in all interesting to see what happened
Maye some of the unsold helmets will show up at Der R. ?
Steve

I don't know what Hermann does about unsold lots ?
I don't know if they do re-runs ?
Maybe they return them to the owner
I was thinking , I bet the seller will be disappointed with some of the hammer prices ?
also what % does Hermann charge the seller ?
Then the money from the sale will become a tax matter
If you have a bill of sale for each helmet , when purchased , he might could show a loss on some of them ?
I wonder if Weitze bid on some of the helmets ?
all in all interesting to see what happened
Maye some of the unsold helmets will show up at Der R. ?
Steve
I'm curious about all of the above as well Steve.

I *think* HH usually does post-sales, so that will be interesting to watch as well. Their consignor fee is 20% for most stuff (you have to admire the auction business model - no inventory costs, while buyers and sellers pay you at the end of the day!). And from their terms, looks like they charge an additional fee if you decide to start the bidding at a higher price then their experts recommended...and your piece doesn't sell.

Back