Hessan Officers Spike for sale

MMHM

Based on advice received here I am offering this officers spike for sale. Asking price is $550.00 or best offer shipped in the US. Foreign sales must pay postage. It will ship via USPS Priority Mail tracked with insurance. Proceeds help support Michigan's Military Heritage Museum. Thanks to all who opined on my topic and who messaged me with advice. Paypal + fee's is my preferred payment method. Scott

Attachments

• 20221227_125753.jpg
    20221227_125753.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 46
This is important because the soldered bolts and threading on these are not standard. Some are smaller in diameter for example. Consequently, a collector could pay the $550 and then have it not fit his spike base. A photo showing the bolt and some sort of measurement would help here.

This is important because the soldered bolts and threading on these are not standard. Some are smaller in diameter for example. Consequently, a collector could pay the $550 and then have it not fit his spike base. A photo showing the bolt and some sort of measurement would help here.
The diameter of the guard star was increased up to 9 cm in 1899 (from 7,3 cm in 1895), together with the increased dimensions if the guard eagle (28 cm / 12,7 cm in 1899; 23 cm / 11 cm in 1895).

Hi, I will be adding more pics tomorrow and moving it and the other components to eBay. Thanks! Scott

Back