Hessen M15

b.loree

Administrator
Staff member
My M15 purchased a coiuple of years ago while visiting Tony. This set of pics will serve as a "before" visual of the helmet. Not much restoration is needed, restitch the rear visor and fix the sunken top of the shell. I probably will fill in the missing shellac areas as well. This helmet is marked BAX18 which is the correct Army Korps for this Regt. My JR 115 helmet has similar markings, no Regt number just the Army Korps which uses the arabic number 18 rather than the usual Roman numeral. I would think that this was done due to the amount of space that BAX XVIII would require on a rear visor. Note also, the use of brass M91 posts which is interesting and the presence of chalk/mud deposites on the wappen.
hessen2.jpg

hessen4.jpg

hessen11.jpg

hessen7.jpg

hessen9.jpg

Nice EM!!! Got a question for you sir. I was curious you said you are going to fix the sunken top of the shell body. I need to do the same on one of my own. And not really sure how to go about it. So my question is, Do you have any special tips or tricks you give me on this type of repair? :thumbright:
Thanks so much! Can't wait to see your restoration pics!

You can fix a depression on the top simply by setting a shot put in the helmet when it's up side down... for about three hours....

NO DON'T DO IT!!

:D Ron

poniatowski said:
You can fix a depression on the top simply by setting a shot put in the helmet when it's up side down... for about three hours....

Or my wife's mother's butt for .005 seconds. But then it would be crushed.

Brian, still no Hessen Kokarde?

MadMax13 find your self an avatar (picture to appear beside your name)and email it to me, I will get it working for you. Tony

The mind fails T...did you give me one? I have had so much shit go down in the past 2 yrs that I could have forgotten. Anyway, if you did, I will find it. I will not go for the shot put method although thanks for the suggestion Ron Ha Ha! Brian

You're welcome Brain. You notice I had to make it very clear that I was kidding. I'd hate to see somebody actually try that one. (Everybody knows it's a bowling ball that works best :-? )

:D Ron

Hey Ron...bowling ball?? Hmm that might work at least we are getting closer to head size!! Brian

Back