Hessen Offizier Feldartillerie-Regiment Nr 25 ab 1915 Parade

weirdpyramid

*ADDED NEW PICS*

*Got a new camera finally, so I am trying to work on my photo skills. I like the indoor set up a little more(like Larcade's photos) than the diffused lighting outside but thats just me. Oh and added some epaulettes.*

This is my latest purchase, long time in the making. Its a Hessen Officers Field Artillery helmet Regiment No. 25 post 1915 with Star of the Order of Ludwig with swords with Hessen style parade trichter and black hair plume.

Enjoy!

new25th.jpg

new25th2.jpg

img0778um.jpg

img0776ik.jpg

img0775cb.jpg

:puke:

OMG. Insane. So few collectors will ever be fortunate enough to see one of these with their own eyes, let alone have one in their home.

Congratulations.

Thanks Tony for the "barfing" emoticon! means so much to me!! haha. all though proud of my purchase, it has brought a little bit of a mystery to the surface...... Is there something about this regiment and trichter style? Hessen helmet but Prussian pearlring base? weird!! Looking through my books I found something interesting....

it is not documented in text but in illustration by Laine...

parade25.jpg

for comparison the 115th, note that there is a distinction between normal trichter and Hessen style.

parade26.jpg

and then Knotel

paradec.jpg

just something I noticed when looking through illustrated books, that the author made a difference between trichter styles being hessen fluted and none fluted but not saying anything about it.

Beautiful post 1915 helmet. The pearl ring was used by Hessen Artillery Regiments only. Very impressed with the condition too. OUTSTANDING!! :eek:

Your helmet is stunning. You are very fortunate to have both the ball top device and the correct Hessen trichter. Well done.
Jim

Congratulations on acquiring a fantastic piece of history. No worries on that baby. It screams authenticity. As an aside, I would like to see one interior shot of the liner and if you do not mind either a description of the positioning of the wappen screw posts or even a pic of the back side of the wappen itself. Sorry for being so demanding, but these Hessens are so very rare even in the Infantry mode JR 115 etc etc and then this beautiful Arty Officer helme .....we need to document this as much as possible.

Hi Chris, I see you managed to purchase this mega hard to find and magnifficent haube... Congratulations! :headbang:
Did I get it wrong or did the illustration show a non-fluted trichter for Regt. 25 helmet? This makes things complicated...
Don't worry about the Perlring, it's exactly the same as the one I have...

Adler

As the French saying goes: CHAPEAU BAS Chris!
And a wartime helme too!! :notworthy:

Adler said:
Did I get it wrong or did the illustration show a non-fluted trichter for Regt. 25 helmet? This makes things complicated...

The authors of both books make a illustrated distinction on trichter type based on the drawings.

Laine's drawing has a non Hessen style trichter for the FAR 25 but there is no note of it, just the drawing.

Same with Knotel but this time there seems to be a distinction between your position within the regiment. The Leutnant drawing has a Hessen or fluted trichter while the Trompeter and Kanonier dont.

The authors obviously were trying to clarify something about trichter style within this regiment but unfortunately it isnt very clear since other books and photos contradict these drawings.

Stubbs book on pg 393 has a example of a FAR 25 helmet with a prussian style trichter but then again I have seen hessen style trichter on these helmets also.

Its a little confusing but I will say that i like the way mine looks.

b.loree said:
I would like to see one interior shot of the liner and if you do not mind either a description of the positioning of the wappen screw posts or even a pic of the back side of the wappen itself.

Here you go Brian. I didn't take the wappen off but I have a inside shot for you that will explain its positioning.

linerc.jpg

The wappen posts screws are set North-South diagonally

Also thought I would add since im sure I will be asked anyways some pictures of the Hessen style trichter. These are rare and not well documented. The hair is real and smelly!
trichter1.jpg

Trichter top
trichter2r.jpg

Chris,
Thank you for showing.
Looks as if it has a leather "disc" at the inside (bottom side).
You're right: first time I see one this well documented.
Rgds,
Francis

Just one fantastic helmet and with the proper trichter and parade bush, only once in a lifetime do these helmets come along. All I can do is dream. Thanks for sharing this gem of a helmet. Dick

congratulations

nice item, the trichter is absolutely correct -hessian 100 % only fluted no smoth. perlring also is absolutely correct from hessian troops worn only on helmets of felda officer

cheers

eric

Back