Hessen Offizier Feldartillerie-Regiment Nr 25 ab 1915 Parade

Thanks Chris for those extra pics. My Hessen officer wappen also has the screw posts set on the diagonal. This seems to be peculiar to the Hessen officer helme while the ORs were soldered on the horizontal plain as usual. I must say though, that I have never seen a seperate set of screw posts for the wappen star. All of the ones that I have seen are fixed to the wappen which is then screwed onto the shell. Again thank you for this posting of such a rare and beautiful helme.

Thanks to everyone for all the great comments and praise but its really the helmet that did all the work!!!! :)

b.loree said:
I must say though, that I have never seen a seperate set of screw posts for the wappen star. All of the ones that I have seen are fixed to the wappen which is then screwed onto the shell. Again thank you for this posting of such a rare and beautiful helme.

I only know of one other forum member how has a similar helmet, his star wappen attaches the same way as you have describe. The screw post on the back of mine are about a inch long which would probably attach awkwardly to the wappen. Maybe these were cut shorter for some helmets and left alone for others? I also wonder how these were purchased or given to Officers of the 25th in 1915 since it was a new attachment for a old helmet. Would these have been ordered through catalog? or given to Officers in a ceremony? I would imagine you would have someone attach it for you with the right tools and not go ahead and do it yourself back then. So many "what ifs" could make ones head spin.

This is the back of my star
dsf2750.jpg

The construction of this star is phenominal...like a piece of Faberge jewellery! So intricate. The helmet is obviously of the highest quality. No indication of the manufacturer? One would think that any company capable of such quality would have some sort of "mark" on their creations. Has anyone ever seen this type of wappen on a helmet Hessen or otherwise??

Hello,

Here is mine (only the star, I do not belong the helmet):pale:

eb3p64exra.jpg
[/url]

Screw are very long, I think they do not cross the lion, only the helmet's leather

Thanks JR92 for the pictures! It really is great to see another example of this rare star wappen. The screw posts on your example look like the same length as mine and would be cut through the leather in order to be placed correctly.

I noticed your Hessen lion wappen has prongs through the center, right underneath were the star would be placed, is it a reserve cross?

dave mosher said:
Something to go along with the helmet.

WOW! Great feldgrau! That is for Leutnant, right? I would love to see my helmet and your uniform together, wouldn't that be something! I am actually looking for a pair of wartime shoulder boards for a officer to go with my helmet for a nice grouping. Just waiting for a pair to show up somewhere.

Its a stretch but I will ask anyways but is there any period photograph examples or CDV photos of this helmet with star? The star was awarded during wartime so I would imagine things were pretty busy with not a lot of time to go and get your studio portrait done.

thanks,
chris

dave mosher said:
Something to go along with the helmet.

Regards

Dave

Ow, Ow, Ow, Dave! After having my eyes almost burned out by the beauty of that helmet you go and post this bluse!!! =D> =D> =D> That is one fantastic and beautiful coat!

Ok, so things just got pretty interesting. I was contacted by a very nice guy named Mike who had some pictures he thought I would like to see. The picture attached is that of Johann Friedrich Chelius(1863-1912) a officer of the Hessisches Feldartillerie-Regt. Nr.25 with helmet complete with parade bush.

dsc03888u.jpg

This other picture is of a monument in Darmstadt. It is for the Hessian Artillery and their Dead. It
lists regts 25, 61 and 33. There used to be a statue of a soldier on top but the Russians smashed it in 1945.

dsc03887d.jpg

Wonderful pictures and rare treat I wanted to share with all of you. Thanks again Mike for the photos and info!

Back on the market I guess.

https://www.weitze.net/detail/26/Hessen_Pickelhaube_aus_dem_Besitz_von_Hauptmann_v_Britzke_im_Feldartillerie_Regiment_Nr_25_mit_Paradebusch__192026.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Back