Hessen

Looks like original parts to me, but the helmet wasn't originally Hessen. Prussian? Baden? Not Hesse. Take a look at the back of the plate to see if that looks good.

Ron

Yes, you can see the scare in the helmet that looks like a line eagle wing edge. The Hessian plate looks "funny" to me. The area between the back of the head and the tails. Should the back of the head be cut that straight?

aicusv said:
Yes, you can see the scare in the helmet that looks like a line eagle wing edge. The Hessian plate looks "funny" to me. The area between the back of the head and the tails. Should the back of the head be cut that straight?

Yes, it is an odd looking plate, that's why I'm interested in hearing about the reverse side. :) I do indeed agree with you. Maybe somebody else on the forum has a plate like this one, I don't.

:D Ron

Yes we need to see the reverse side of the plate. Any extra holes, any regt markings on this M95? The only way to mount a Hessen on a Prussian helme is to move the loops and re solder, or punch extra holes in the shell.

Back