Hessian 115 helmet anatomy, your opinion

KAGGR 1870

Hello
I was lucky to make the complete anatomy of one helmet of the 115 regiment
I need the opinion of the collectors having this helmet like Bruno and other
This helmet is in very well state
All metallic parts are nickel silver metal (maillechort)
no marking
leather is enouth thick and a little dry
The cocarde: the imperial is standard the hessian large model (I think 1860 or 1873 model)
All the screws and the bolts are with the old thread
Particular details:
the star has a light defect of striking (see black arrow)
the interior of the visor and the nuquière presents a striated internal band
the edge of the nuquière is rough
the inner seams are in part untie (see pics)

Regards
b7dmbo.jpg

10cp2yf.jpg

2dgsztw.jpg

352f2o6.jpg

rj33o1.jpg

2upe6f9.jpg

2eun2ie.jpg

epg3e8.jpg

Hello,

About the defect on the star :

Here is mine on my helmet,

115yd8.jpg

The second one I found myself on battlefield, near Massiges, in Champagne.

trouvefx2.jpg

\:D/

Seeing all of these plates together I would bet that all are strikes from the same die. Jr92 would have stars from an earlier die state where the crack in the die has just started. The first example coming later after the die had lost a piece causing the defect above Gott. If you look close all three of the plates have the small last T in Gott and the same L form in Land . Bill

Nice helmet Bernard. Looks good to me; no obvious flaws. Mine also has the same small defect above "Gott". The striations you point out are commonly seen inside the front and rear visors of spike helmets.
Thanks for sharing the autopsy.
Bruno

I believe the helmet to be a very nice original example from JR115. The markings on the underside of the visors has been caused by the sewing machine when the helmet was stitched up. Love that pic Joe! Brian

Very nice helmet . i love the silver trim . Thank's for the disection , agian it is of great help to me to identify part's and what to look for.
Thank's Again
Mark

Back