Hi all, guys....

joelabrendola

...and thanks to all who will help me (hope I can use an external server for posting pics here).
I'm a 'dagger boy' and know just few things about pickelhaubes: I just bought this one but wish to have more info from you about genuinity, marks, corps....thanks in advance for your kind patience
[/img][/img]
image.php
[/url]
[/img]
image.php
[/url][/img]
image.php
[/url][/img]
image.php
[/url][/img]
image.php
[/url][/img]

Hi Joe and welcome!

The markings from the repair organization of VI Army Corps. Pretty standard marked but not an explanation of what was fixed.

There are some problems with this helmets originality. The rear spine for instance is a private purchase model which would not be found generally on an issued helmet that had marks. The very long and thin screw used to attach the rear spline is not a good sign. There are other issues with the helmet but there is no learning like holding one in your hands! Hope this helps.

Thank u Joe for yr explanation.
The only strange thing I realized (repeating I'm a novice, here!) was the lack of the circular leather disc under the rivets holding the spike (shadow is visible)...
otherwise, I believe this chinstrap was for high ranking, as I saw in some pics here and there.....but shouldn't be provided with a different spike, in this case (I mean, higher or with different rivets ??)

thanks again!!

The chin scales did not signify rank. However, it is not clear if these scales belong on this helmet. the method of attachment seems contrived. Sorry about the bad news but it appears to me and only my opinion, that much of this has been put together.

Back