Hi from France

KAGGR1

Hi everyone,

I allow me to introduce myself: my name is Julien and I live in France.

I've been collecting militaria especially that of France and Germany since I was about 16 years old. My pseudonym KAGGR1 is explained by my first collection's theme which was the Prussian Guard.

I have also recently become interested in everything related to ANZAC (uniforms, documents).

Looking forward to meeting you all on the forum and becoming an active member.

I'll post soon some photos of my collection.

Best regards from France Julien

Welcome on the forum! :)

At first I thought Steve was introducing himself, he has almost the same pseudonym as you!
But he has been here for much longer..

Looking forward to pictures of your collection, feel free to post, and ask questions, welcome!

Greetings from the Netherlands, Coert. :thumb up:

Hi Julien and welcome.

Like you, I collect items from Germany but also from France (I think I am one of the few here). My collection is restricted to headgear though, nothing else.

I look forward to seeing your collection.

Best

Welcome Julien, great to have you with us! I would love to see some photos of your collection as well. :)

Hi all,
I warmly thank you for your welcome.
I live in the center of France... far from the battlefields which makes itsometimes more difficult to find good pieces of uniform and heagears.
Julien

KAGGR1 said:
I live in the center of France... far from the battlefields which makes itsometimes more difficult to find good pieces of uniform and heagears.
Julien

I don't think I agree with this. I have found the best helmets in Auvergne, Pays Basque, the Carcassonne region, Angers, Toulouse, Bordeaux, Nantes... far away from WW1 battlefields.

Dear 911car

It's true that the soldiers from Auvergne or somewhere else in the center of France had brought back some "souvenirs" of the war (headgears, pieces of equipment) but the regions where the main battles took place had a lot of cantonment's places for the troops (farms for example) too where some very impressive stuffs have been discovered.That's why I used the word "sometimes"...

I am delighted to learn that you have visited our beautiful regions !

Have a nice day, Julien

Welcome!

I collect myself especially EM named german headgear, pieces of history of which the wearer can be tracked and traced in the period german archives. As we all know, our stuff has travelled a lot through the last century. Trophies brought back by soldiers from WWI or even WWII (exchanged for a piece of bread, a few cigarettes or chocolate) , then forgotten in a french, canadian or north american barn.
Even in Germany where I am living, you still find old (EM) haubes and headgear in families of the wearer who survived the war.
And not to forget: old collectors are dying and their stuff are permanently changing hands...

Julien, are you member on the HM french forum too?

Philippe
:wink:

Of course, Alex.

HM is a french-speaking forum about the WW1.

Here is a link: https://lagrandeguerre.1fr1.net/

Regards, Julien

Back